Georgia’s Murray, Jones, Jenkins garner MVP awards for spring practice
Athens – Georgia on Friday released its annual list of spring football practice awards.
Highlighting the list was most valuable player awards for quarterbacks Aaron Murray and Hutson Mason on offense and outside linebacker Jarvis Jones and noseguard John Jenkins on defense. Also, for the second year in a row, offensive lineman Kolton Houston came away with the coveted “Coffee County Hustle Award.” He shared it this year with defensive end Garrison Smith and walkon wideout Michael Erdman.
Here’s the full list:
- MVP (offense) – Aaron Murray, QB, Tampa, Fla.; Hutson Mason, QB, Marietta, Ga.
- True Grit Award (offense) – Arthur Lynch, TE, Dartmouth, Mass.
- Coffee County Hustle Award (offense) – Kolton Houston, OG, Buford, Ga.; Michael Erdman, SE, Merritt Island, Fla.
- Most Improved Player (offense) – Ken Malcome, TB, Decatur, Ga.
- Outstanding Walk-On (offense) – Merritt Hall, FB, Alpharetta, Ga.
- MVP (defense) – Jarvis Jones, OLB, Columbus, Ga.; John Jenkins, NG, Meriden, Conn.
- True Grit Award (defense) – Shawn Williams, SS, Damascus, Ga.
- Coffee County Hustle Award (defense) – Garrison Smith, DE, Atlanta, Ga.
- Most Improved Player (defense) – Damian Swann, CB, Atlanta, Ga.; Ramik Wilson, ILB, Tampa, Fla.
- Outstanding Walk-On (defense) – Connor Norman, SS, Duluth, Ga.