There's nothing more magical than a Florida destination wedding. Here are seven tips for those of you planning to say "I do" in Miami.
1. Get informed and inspired. Stay up to date on the latest trends with your copy of Weddings Illustrated, the premier luxury wedding magazine for the Florida bride. The writers at Weddings Illustrated cover everything from must-have gowns to invitation etiquette to colorful cake ideas.
2. Beautiful beach or tropical garden? The fabulous thing about the Sunshine State is that you can have your pick. The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne provides the perfect ocean backdrop for an intimate ceremony in the sand. Key Biscayne is a tropical island just seven miles from downtown Miami. Or imagine walking down a charming bridge and through a romantic coconut tree grove lit by the Miami moonlight. For an enchanting garden wedding, Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens will sweep you and your guests off your feet.
3. Make an impression. One way to turn heads is to arrive to the big event in a Rolls Royce Silver Cloud. Florian's Classics can arrange a number of luxury transportation options, including a stretch limo.
4. Delicious dining. Whether you're dreaming of an exotic island curry or a traditional filet mignon, Le Basque the Caterer will custom-design a menu that will awe your guests with mouth-watering creations.
5. Stunning photography. While you make memories that will last a lifetime, Gloria Ruth Photography will capture every moment, from the first kiss to the last dance.
6. Set the mood. GE Audio Visual event production will provide dynamic music and lighting for your wedding. They provide professional DJ services, sound system, ambient lighting and video packages. Tell Carmen that I sent you.
7. Island honeymoon. Get married in Miami, but escape for your honeymoon to your own private island in the Keys. Little Palm Island Resort & Spa is accessible only by seaplane or boat. The honeymoon package includes:
Six nights in an oceanfront private suite
Welcome bottle of champagne
Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
Water sport amenities
“You Had Me at Hello” turndown
$300 SpaTerre credit per person
Couples snorkel trip
½ day backcountry fishing trip
A romantic sunset sail
My Insider Tip: Book Key West Seaplanes for a private seaplane charter service to take you from your magical Miami wedding to your Little Palm Island honeymoon escape.
Join me on Twitter and Facebook and let's keep the conversation going. What wedding tips do you have for Florida brides?
Continue reading Tips for a Fabulous Miami Wedding »