“ID Theft,” the comedy starring Jason Bateman and Melissa McCarthy, is filming downtown today and tomorrow. Here’s an email someone forwarded me from property management to affected merchants in the area:
“Please be advised that filming for the Universal Pictures feature film Identity Theft will occur on Thursday, June 21st and Friday, June 22nd on Peachtree Center Avenue.
· Universal will be filming various driving scenes around downtown Atlanta from 9:00am until 11:00pm on both days.
· Universal will be shooting driving scenes on Peachtree Center Avenue between Baker Street and Ralph McGill Blvd. from approximately 11:00am until 4:00pm on both days.
· Universal has obtained a lane closure permit for the curb lane on the east side of Peachtree Center Avenue between Baker Street and Peachtree Street for both dates.
· SunTrust Plaza, the Garden Offices and the Garage will be accessible to tenants and visitors during this time, but it is recommended that tenants and visitors utilize the pedestrian bridge for ease of access between the buildings.
· Universal will provide off-duty Atlanta Police officers to control traffic and ensure the safety of pedestrians and crew.”
- Jennifer Brett/The Buzzfirstname.lastname@example.org