If you wanna cut loose, footloose, well, here’s your shot to be an extra on the remake of the 1984 Kevin Bacon film “Footloose” shooting here in Atlanta.
The new “Footloose” will star Dennis Quaid in John Lithgow’s preacher role and Ryan Seacrest’s squeeze Julianne Hough playing Lori Singer’s girlfriend role. Newcomer Kenny Warmold will have Bacon’s spot.
Here’s the press release:
ATLANTA, GA (August 20, 2010) – Paramount Pictures is seeking local actors and actresses to appear in a new movie based on the classic 1980’s film, “Footloose,” helmed by Director Craig Brewer, which will be shooting in the Atlanta area through November.
Casting Director Bill Marinella, a 17-year industry veteran, is leading the search for extras to appear as background talent for this studio production.
Those selected for work on the movie will be paid and receive free parking. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply. If you have a headshot, please feel free to bring it.
The open call will be held, Thursday, August 26th 4pm-6pm.
1750 North Roberts Road NW
Kennesaw Georgia 30144
The movie is looking for the following types of persons:
- High school age looking (minimum18 yrs of age to play younger)
- “Character types” including persons with interesting facial features, hairstyles, aged “weather worn” looks
- Casting ages 18 and over, persons of all ethnicities, shapes and sizes, for church leaders
- Farmers, speedway racetrack fans, southern looking ladies and gentleman in
- “Sunday Best”
- Real cheerleaders and high school jocks in school attire (minimum18 yrs of age to play younger)
- Sweet southern gals and strong men who work with their hands
- Line dancers with “best attire”
· NO LOGOS of any kind ABSOLUTELY
· NO RED, NO WHITE, NO BLACK, NO BRIGHT COLORED CLOTHING
· Please dress in layers in simple forms (example: t-shirt, flannel shirt, light jacket, overalls, denim, khakis, business wear, long-sleeve shirts, tie)
· NO small PRINTS/PATTERNS (summer patterns are okay as long as not to too “busy”), ladies jeans and dresses are fine, nothing too revealing
· Townsfolk, working class women and men and southern churchgoers, please come dressed in your “best looks” with hats, suspenders, purses, bonnets and accessories
· Please come with hair and make-up applied and be camera ready
Those selected to work on this production will need to be available for an ENTIRE 13-hour day and make arrangements for a Monday thru Friday shooting schedule.
You must have 2 forms of valid identification for work. Please bring official state ID’s (e.g., driver’s license, birth certificate, U.S. Passport).
For descriptions and photos of wardrobe and other fun stuff regarding extras casting on FOOTLOOSE, please follow our blog on the following link: http://www.bigfootatl.blogspot.com/
Need to get in the mood? Here’s the video with clips from the original film – including a dorky Sarah Jessica Parker!
The soundtrack also had the following five other hits by Mike Reno & Nancy Wilson, Deniece Williams, Shalamar, Kenny Loggins and the cheesiest of them all by Bonnie Tyler: