As the AJC has reported, the USAToday Preseason Coaches’ Poll has been released:
The most important teams to focus can be found below:
3. Florida – Hosts UGA in Jacksonville on October 30
6. Virginia Tech – Hosts GT on November 4
10. Iowa – The team that defeated GT on the recent Orange Bowl
13. Miami (Fla.) – Visits GT on November 13
17. Georgia Tech – Clean Old Fashioned Hate…’nuff said…
18. North Carolina – Hosts GT on September 18
19. Arkansas – Visits UGA on September 18
21. Georgia - Clean Old Fashioned Hate…’nuff said…
23. Auburn- Hosts UGA November 13
A few things jump out at me pretty much immediately.
The Jackets and Dawgs share some weeks where both programs will really be tested.
I can’t really argue with the rankings too much…with the possible exception of Florida being ranked so highly. I mean, seriously, should they be ranked #3 preseason right after losing Tim Tebow?
AJC columnist Mark Bradley seems to take issue with the fact that GT is ranked ahead of UGA. Lets spend a few minutes on this point of debate before we move into more entertaining content. I think Mark may be a bit off in his reasoning.
Why should GT logically be ranked ahead of UGA?
Congrats to UGA for their recent accolades from The Princeton Review.
Apparently UGA is the #1 “Party School”. I can only figure that Damon Evans’ recent debacle pushed the dawgs over the edge in that competition. I mean, when your AD is caught allegedly driving drunk with a lady whose panties end up in his possession … that’s gotta be worth a few bonus points.
In the end, I think Mike Lukovich says it best…“CHUGA”
Video of the Week
And last, but certainly not least, I present this little “gem”.
Lets just say the next time a UGA fan screams “Nerd!” in your face there’s no need to punch him ala Paul Johnson’s advice.
All you need to do is remember this video and turn and walk away…
And yes … that’s Coach Richt around the 3:20 mark…you gotta give the guy credit for helping those kids out.