Two of Auburn’s top football recruits to visit UGA this weekend (UPDATED)
Recruiting never stops for anything, not even holidays.
For Thanksgiving weekend, there is plenty of action going on between recruits and colleges:
Mark Richt has two high-prized Auburn recruits scheduled to visit this weekend (AJC)
- UGA is expecting Reuben Foster to make an unofficial visit for Saturday’s Georgia Tech game, which Foster confirmed to the AJC. The 4-star linebacker from LaGrange is committed to Auburn but still flirting with UGA. For the Bulldogs, it will be important that Foster does indeed appear at Saturday’s game, with his own team at Auburn (Ala.) High School in a playoff game on late Friday night.
- Another Auburn commitment, WR Ja’Quay Williams is scheduled to take an official visit to UGA this weekend. Williams signed with Auburn over the Bulldogs after a fierce battle last year, but did not satisfy NCAA requirements and is spending this fall at prep school. Williams was the state’s No. 1 prospect at WR last year and is considered better than any of the state’s crop of wide receivers this year. The former Sandy Creek High School standout took an official visit last weekend to Texas A&M, although UGA is considered more of a favorite.
- More Auburn news: TE AJ Jackson, who is committed to Auburn, got an official scholarship offer from Florida State this week and will take an unofficial visit with the Seminoles this weekend. The Lovejoy High School standout is traveling down there with his good friend, DE Davin Bellamy, the Chamblee High School DE who is committed to FSU. Tucker High School WR Juwaan Williams will also make an unofficial to FSU this weekend.
- UGA LB commit Reggie Carter of South Gwinnett High School left open the possibility of taking official visits to other schools. But it doesn’t appear that will happen. Carter will enroll at UGA in January.
- Who commits on Thanksgiving? Tyler Vaughn, the DT from Union Grove High School. He picked Akron on Thursday.
- Georgia Tech kicker commit Harrison Butker of Westminster high school will only take one official visit — to the Yellow Jackets. However, he still hasn’t figured out the date because he has to work it around his basketball schedule.
- OL Will Jones, the son of former UGA safety Will Jones, may take an official visit to Harvard next month. The Richmond Academy high school product also will take an official visit to Yale in January.
- RB Wayne Gallman, who called himself the “Grayson Uno” on Tiwtter after two of his high school teammates (Robert Nkemdiche and David Kamara) de-committed from Clemson, will take an unofficial visit with the Tigers this weekend. He’s a solid commit to Clemson and will take his official visit in January.
- Isaac Rochell, the DE from ELCA who is committed to Notre Dame, will take his official visit with the Irish in January. Rochell, who was recruited heavily by UGA, said “I would love to see Notre Dame and Georgia in the national championship game.”
- Mays High School WR DeAngelo Yancey is still committed to Kentucky despite the firing of Joker Phillips. Yancey said “I’m keeping my options open” until he meets with the new Kentucky staff. He may visit Wake Forest and Washington State.
- Here’s a name of watch: ML King High School safety Jeremy Tyler recently picked up offers from Arkansas and West Virginia. He is trying to set up a trip to West Virginia.
- Vanderbilt lost a couple of recruits before last year’s signing day. Will it happen again this year? Purdue, Ole Miss, Wake Forest and Georgia Southern are working hard on Jonesboro High School DB Taurean Ferguson, who says he is “100-percent committed” to the Commodores.
- Zane Fields, a LB from Lovejoy High School, felt like he had an opportunity for a Tennessee offer before Derek Dooley got fired. Now Fields is waiting on the new staff for further information.
- Our Lady of Mercy DB-WR Rashard Fant is committed to Indiana and will take his official visit there on Dec. 18.
- Pepperell High School OL Andy Dodd is committed to LSU and will take his official visit there on Dec. 14.
- Keshun Hill, a WR from Northside-Warner Robins High School, has an offer from Georgia Southern and is in serious talks with Missouri.
- RB Keyante Green, the RB from ELCA who is committed to Purdue, will take his official visit with the Boilermakers this weekend.
- Travellous Cheek, the DB from Archer High School who is committed to Cal, said that a few other colleges have contacted him about taking an official visit. Cheek is discussing it with his parents. As of right now, his only official visit is planned for Cal.
- Milton High School OL Eason Fromayan is committed to TCU and will take an official visit there on Dec. 15.
- Khari Alexander, the DT from Stephenson High School who is committed to Southern Miss, is hearing from Georgia State and Appalachian State. But Alexander says he’s “still loving” Southern Miss.
- LaGrange High School WR Darius Smith is in the process of setting up an official visit to Southern Miss.
- Hillgrove High School TE Evan Engram is committed to Ole Miss and will take an official visit there on Jan. 25.
- McEachern High School OL Jujuan Delaney is committed to Maryland and will take an official visit there on Dec. 14.
- Kwame Peek, the DB from Rockmart High School, has an offer from Middle Tennessee State.
- DeAndre Wise, the OL from Alpharetta High School, has set up official visits to Texas Southern for Jan. 14, Alabama A&M on Jan. 21, and Alabama State on Jan. 28.
WE’RE LESS THAN THREE MONTHS AWAY FROM SIGNING DAY
- – By Michael Carvell, AJC Recruiting Blog
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.