UGA on brink of making key hire for football recruiting
UGA is expected to announce the hiring for one of its most important football recruiting jobs within the next couple of weeks.
The job title is officially called “Director of On-Campus Recruiting” and is closely related to UGA’s position of assistant recruiting coordinator, which has been vacant since Charles Cantor abruptly resigned from the Bulldogs last July.
The Director of On-Campus Recruiting will serve as the right-hand man to UGA coach Mark Richt and longtime recruiting coordinator Rodney Garner. It’s a critical hire for UGA’s future recruiting efforts.
Here is some of the info for the gig:
- Job Summary: Responsible for the organization and execution of official and unofficial visits at UGA and assist [Garner] with the direction of on-campus recruiting …
- Knowledge, skills, abilities: Be familiar with and demonstrate a commitment to compliance with NCAA and SEC rules. Ability to communicate and organize schedules. Ability to stay up to date with recruiting’s current events and organize schedules … willingness to work nights and/or weekends.
- Salary: N/A
- This is the most interesting part … Job duties:
- 25% Oversee daily operations and general strategic plan of recruiting department; oversee all recruiting department personnel; Football on-campus representative on nights, weekends, or holidays when coaches may not be present
- 20% Coordinate with head coach and assistants on daily recruiting plans/schedule; Assist football and recruiting staff, as needed; Work with business office in regards to hotels, cars and school plane.
- 10% Oversee staff Social Networking plan
- 10% Oversee maintenance of recruiting board in staff meeting
- 5% Offer direction and guidance on the recruiting highlight films
- 5% Prepare spring and fall recruiting manuals for football staff
- 5% Order recruiting service material, per recruiting coordinator; Copy and distribute recruiting materials to appropriate coaches
- 5% Generate video requests, per recruiting coordinator
- 5% Download/enter recruiting film into the database
- 5% Assist with organization and execution of on-campus recruiting (official visits); Contact player-host for each recruit; Liaison for stadium and scoreboard crew; Obtain hosts’ signatures on proper forms; Facilitate meetings between head coach, position coach, and prospects; Organize campus tours, local transportation and other functions; Facilitate complimentary admissions process
- 5% Assist with organization and execution of on-campus recruiting (unofficial visits); Facilitate meetings between the head coach and prospects; Monitor recruiting box and control of recruiting group while on sidelines during pre-game and recruiting office with game-day unofficial visits as needed
Thoughts? Please post below.
MARCH MADNESS, WHAT’S THAT? RECRUITING MADESS!
WHILE YOUR BRACKETS GOT MESSED UP …
IT’S NEVER BORING IN THE WACKY WORLD OF RECRUITING
– By Michael Carvell, AJC Recruiting Blog
Got an item? firstname.lastname@example.org
- So much is happening so fast. Have you missed anything over the last few days? Catch up with our feed by CLICKING HERE
- BOOKMARK the NEW AJC Recruiting homepage here
- Want to see a list of the top 125 prospects state of Georgia who signed with D1 schools? It’s looong. Go here.
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.