TE Kurt Freitag returns from official visits to Florida and Alabama … FSU next?
Kurt Freitag, one of the state’s top college football prospects at tight end, may be close to making his college decision.
The 6-foot-3, 245-pounder from Buford High School has made official visits to two of his three finalists, Alabama and Florida. He will decide later this week about scheduling a recruiting trip to Florida State.
Freitag took his official visit to Alabama for the Arkansas game. Freitag’s teammate at Buford, linebacker Dillon Lee, is committed to Alabama, while another – offensive lineman Vadal Alexander – has the Crimson Tide as a finalist, along with LSU and Auburn.
“Alabama made it perfectly clear how much they want and need Kurt to be part of the team and school; he left with a very good impression of fitting in,” his mother said.
Freitag saw Alabama play again last weekend during his official visit to Florida, which he also enjoyed.
Buford TE Kurt Freitag will pick between Alabama, Florida, and FSU after his visits (Photo courtesy of Freitag family)
BIG STORIES OF THE DAY
- Tennessee-bound LB has “no hard feelings” toward UGA or Georgia Tech (click on story link)
- Buford TE Kurt Freitag returns from official visits to Florida and Alabama (click on story link)
- Guess why Georgia Tech’s No. 1 recruit didn’t visit UGA? TRUE STORY (click on story link)
- North Gwinnett DL talks about Ohio State football offer (click on story link)
- Guess who was waiting on Atlanta basketball star Tony Parker when he returned from his official visit to UCLA? Coach K. The Duke coach has launched an all-out effort to land TP (click on story link)
- Vanderbilt (yes, Vanderbilt) is recruiting Atlanta in a way that would make Lane Kiffin proud. Vanderbilt’s coach cruised to a pair of high school games on Friday in a helicopter (click on story link)
- Will OL Brandon Kublanow commit to UGA after getting his “dream offer” this weekend? (click on story link)
- Steve Spurrier gets commitment from Columbia HS defensive end Jhaustin Thomas (click on story link)
- Twin sons of ex-NBA point guard Mookie Blaylock are headed to Kentucky — but to play football (click on story link)
– By Michael Carvell, AJC Recruiting Blog
Got an item? firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.