F-Bombs and Facebook insults before Geno Smith picks Alabama or Auburn
As one of the nation’s most heavily-recruited defensive backs, Geno Smith has heard plenty of trash-talking from opposing wide receivers over the years.
But surely nothing could have prepared the St. Pius cornerback for the verbal warfare between Auburn and Alabama fans on his Facebook page on Tuesday night.
Poor Geno, all he did was simply post “Tomorrow is the day!” on Facebook wall
It was in advance of Smith’s college decision between hated archrivals Auburn and Alabama scheduled for shortly after 3:15 p.m. on Wednesday.
Within three hours, Smith had 128 replies to his four-word post, including a series of F-Bombs and insults traded between Auburn and Alabama fans, and probably some fans of other schools. A sampling of comments (in no order):
- “yall [bleepers] are dumb… lets just all agree AU sucks and be done with it”
- “Yea….. That’s we spanked you last year! WDE 28-27!”
- “Roll tide!! Saben will treat u well”
- “^^^whos saben?”
- “are you kidding me??? bama pays every player and I think everyone in the country knew ingram’s heisman was bought and paid for. He was not even close to the best player or even RB in college football. If you can’t admit Cam was the best to ever play the game you are just another delusional updyke bama fan. Keep living in your ignorant world. At Auburn we are FAMILY, not a semi-pro all about football school. We’ll see who the NCAA hammers first. A “school” that is on triple probation, or a University that has already been cleared of any wrong doing over and over. Enjoy your season.”
AJC Super 11 pick Geno Smith, DB from St. Pius, will pick between hated archrivals Alabama and Auburn (AJC)
- “that AU family crap is stupid… Just saying every football team in america is like a family…. that just something Chizik came up with when yall sucked… i mean come on…. RTR”
- “but geno im sorry for putting all this dumb [bleep] on your page… Good luck with your decision and may the better school win but your gonna be great no matter where you go….. Roll Tide”
- “childen should be in bed by now”
- “yeah and 60 year old [bleeps] should not be on facebook”
To Geno’s credit, he stayed above the fray, declining to jump into the chest-pounding argument that really had nothing to do with him, other than he will pick between the Auburn and Alabama among his 40 early scholarship offers.
We asked Smith about his two finalists:
- Alabama: “Both schools are very similar with good head coaches, and lots of coaching experience with the defensive backs. I just love the environment down there, with both Alabama and Auburn in general. They love football down there in Alabama. It’s important. I wouldn’t mind playing football at a place where they take football so seriously. Not that other schools don’t, but down there it’s kind of like heaven.”
- Auburn: “It’s the same and everything with Auburn, with Coach Chizik and his defensive backs. Trooper Taylor was my recruiter and he has had a big impact. He’s one of the best at what he does. Like Alabama, Auburn has a great environment down there. I took an unofficial visit down there and had the chance to hang out with some of the players and talk with them. It was a good experience.”
- How on Earth do you pick between Alabama and Auburn? “It’s a very hard decision to make,” Smith said. “It will come down to the place where I feel most comfortable, and the place I want to be the next 4-5 years.”
TOP 10 FOOTBALL RECRUITING STORIES
- Battle of elite prospects: John Theus vs. Jordan Jenkins (click on story link)
Norcross High School WR Jason Croom will decide between Tennessee and Mississippi State on Thursday (AJC photo by Michael Carvell)
- Central Gwinnett LB Trey Johnson selects Auburn over Florida, FSU, others (click on story link)
- Nation’s No. 1 RB will make official visit to UGA (click on story link)
- TBD with UGA in 2012, but its 2013 recruiting class is shaping up well (click here for story link)
- Ex-Georgia Tech QB target quits college football (click on story link)
- It’s Alabama vs. Auburn on Aug. 17 for Georgia’s No. 1 prospect at DB, Geno Smith (click on story link)
- What if a Georgia HS led nation in D1 football recruits and none of them signed with UGA or Georgia Tech (click on story link)
- UGA’s QB of the future: Yet to start in high school, ready to prove scouts are right (click on story link)
- What do Georgia Tech’s 2012 football recruits think of the NCAA ruling? (click on story link)
- Have you seen this VIDEO?? Milton’s Shaquille Johnson is a YouTube celebrity with his prolific DUNKS. See what everybody is talking about by going here
– By Michael Carvell, AJC Recruiting Blog
Got an item? firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.