Keith Marshall, nation’s No. 1 RB, will make official visit to UGA for South Carolina game
- BREAKING: Top Georgia LB commits to Auburn (go here)
UGA has a shot at the nation’s No. 1-ranked running back.
Keith Marshall of Raleigh, N.C., said UGA will be one of his three official visits, along with Notre Dame and Florida, he announced via Twitter.
The 5-foot-11, 195-pounder will make his recruiting trip for UGA’s game against South Carolina on Sept. 10.
What about Isaiah Crowell at UGA? Wouldn’t that scare off any top RB prospect from even considering UGA? Surprisingly, the answer is “no” from Marshall, as Crowell’s presence is actually a positive. Marshall explained his perspective recently to UGASports/Rivals.com’s Radi Nabulsi:
“I do not want to be the only guy. I would love to play with another back because I do not want to take a beating. Especially in the SEC, if you want to have a long pro career, you want to split the carries with someone else. I saw Isaiah Crowell from last year and he is very good. I would like to play with a guy like that.”
Marshall will take all five official visits and wait until after his senior season to announce his college decision. He is ranked the No. 1 RB by Scout.com and the No. 1 all-purpose RB by Rivals.
- Tray Matthews, one of Georgia’s top college football prospects for 2013 (that’s next year, not this year), committed to UGA over Alabama. No one is really quite sure what to make out of UGA’s 2012 class. But 2013, despite being far, far away, is shaping up rather well for the Bulldogs (click here for story link)
- Basketball: North Clayton small forward Marcus Hunt may be Georgia’s top available prospect left on the board for the perimeter. The 6-foot-5 Hunt has narrowed down to eight schools: Georgia Tech and UGA, along with Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Louisville, West Virginia and Virginia Tech. “I really don’t know yet if I’m going to sign early [in November] or wait [until spring]. I might just keep the list at eight or trim it again. Right now, I don’t know,” Hunt told the Clayton News Daily’s Derrick Mahone.
- Lincoln County OL Charles Folger (6-5, 220) was offered by Tusculum, and has serious interest from Carson-Newman.
RELATED FOOTBALL RECRUITING STORIES
- Shocker: Longtime UGA WR recruit CJ Curry flips to Oklahoma State (click on story link)
Norcross High School WR Jason Croom will decide between SEC schools Tennessee and Mississippi State on Thursday (AJC photo by Michael Carvell)
- Surprise! D1 basketball star will play football for “love of game” (click on story link)
- Ex-Georgia Tech QB target quits college football (click on story link)
- Basketball: UGA strikes again with homegrown talent in Kenny Gaines (click on story link)
- “Prime Time” Deion Sanders on being recruited by Vince Dooley (click on story link)
- Alabama vs. Auburn for Georgia’s No. 1 prospect at DB, Geno Smith (click on story link)
- What if a Georgia HS led nation in D1 football recruits and none of them signed with UGA or Georgia Tech (click on story link)
- UGA’s QB of the future: Yet to start in high school, ready to prove scouts are right (click on story link)
- What do Georgia Tech’s 2012 football recruits think of the NCAA ruling? (click on story link)
- Have you seen this VIDEO?? Milton’s Shaquille Johnson is a YouTube celebrity with his prolific DUNKS. See what everybody is talking about by going here
– By Michael Carvell, AJC Recruiting Blog
Got an item? firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.