Stephenson OL Nicholas Gibbons committed to Memphis (AJC photo by Michael Carvell)
Stephenson High School now has 11 seniors that have both been offered and accepted D1 college football scholarships.
Nicholas Gibbons, a 6-foot-5, 290-pound offensive lineman, said he committed to Memphis over Boston College, Vanderbilt and Wake Forest.
Gibbons said it’s special being part of the senior class at the Stone Mountain school, which is a candidate to lead the nation with the most players signing major-college football scholarships in February.
“It’s crazy being around that many good players,” Gibbons said. “It’s a good thing; it only makes you better, being around that kind of competition. Every one pushes each other. There’s always competition.”
Gibbons has a 3.0 GPA and wants to study Computer Engineering.
Here’s a list of the other Stephenson 2012 players that have committed (click on each link to read about each):
Who is next? Stephenson is projected to end up with 14-17 players that will sign D1 scholarships.
RB TJ Moon has Southern Miss, Florida Atlanta and Memphis as his leaders, while DB Kristoff Ricks is considering Maryland, UConn and Middle Tennessee State. LB-TE Amos Harper is favoring Syracuse and Rice, and LB Kadeem Murray is being scouted by Western Kentucky.
RELATED FOOTBALL RECRUITING STORIES
- Lifelong UGA fan will play for archrival Georgia Tech (click on story link)
- Nephew of 3-time Olympic gold medalist Gail Devers to play football at Virginia (click on story link)
- Georgia Tech lands DB from same Florida HS as UGA’s Aaron Murray and Orson Charles (click on story link)
- Georgia’s No. 1 point guard picks UGA over NCAA champ UConn & FSU (click on story link)
Peachtree Ridge DB Ray Buchanan, son of the former NFL player, will visit Arkansas on Tuesday. Ray's top five consists of Ole Miss, Arkansas, Illinois, Purdue and Maryland (AJC photo by Michael Carvell)
- Tennessee gets commitment No. 8 in less than a week with Georgia WR (click on story link)
- Armchair QB Q: Should UGA have signed another RB to go with Isaiah Crowell? (click on story link)
- Somoan OL Chester Brown picks UGA (click on story link)
- UGA’s QB of the future: Yet to start in high school, ready to prove scouts are right (click on story link)
- UGA’s Mark Richt gives a “group hug” after 4 commit together at Dawg Night (click on story link)
- What do Georgia Tech’s 2012 football recruits think of the NCAA ruling? (click on story link)
- Who is the best DUNKER in Georgia history? State your case by going here
- UGA is ranked No. 2 in the nation in recruiting over the last 10 years (click on story link)
- Georgia Tech basketball coach says NCAA’s penalties will make ACC school stronger (click on story link)
- How committed is a Georgia RB to Alabama? So much that he cut the “A” in his head (click on story link)
- Georgia QB picks Louisville over Alabama and Mississippi State (click on story link)
- Surprise! See 40-yard dash times of Georgia’s top prospects (click on story link)
- A Georgia football coach, who inspired many with his attitude toward a terminal illness, resigns (click here for story)
- Georgia State vs. Georgia Southern fans in an epic message board war right here
- Georgia’s “fastest football recruit” (click here for story)
– By Michael Carvell, AJC Recruiting Blog Got a recruiting item? firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE to catch up on ALL of the LATEST RECRUITING NEWS
Note: Inappropriate BLOG comments and personal attacks will NOT be tolerated. We love the lively discussions but hate-filled, harassing and irresponsible comments are unacceptable.