Acupuncture helps MLK’s Mack Brown run pain free
Mack Brown ran for most of his 160 yards against Union Grove this past weekend in the second half. But he credits his performance to something that happened earlier in the week.
Plagued by hamstring problems in both of his legs this season, Brown underwent an accupunture procedure three days before M.L. King’s regular-season finale against the Wolverines.
Brown didn’t do much in the first half. But after deciding to take off his hamstring sleeves at halftime he ran like the Mack Brown of old in the 20-0 victory.
“I took them off and went to work,” said Brown, a five-star prospect who is committed to Florida. “I didn’t feel any pain when I ran. It was a blessing to be able to run without pain.”
That said, Brown said he probably won’t try it again before this week’s playoff game against Jenkins.
Here are some of the other top performances by area prospects of this past weekend:
- QB Blake Sims, Gainesville: The AJC Super 11 selection and Alabama commitment had 145 yards passing, 134 yards rushing, 2 TD passes, 1 TD catch and 1 TD run in a 49-17 win over Flowery Branch.
- WR Tai-ler Jones, Gainesville: An AJC Super 11 selection and Notre Dame commitment, Jones had eight catches for 130 yards and two touchdowns.
- WR Da’Rick Rogers, Calhoun: The AJC Super 11 selection and Georgia commitment had 143 yards on seven catches and two TDs.
- QB Nash Nance, Calhoun: The Vanderbilt commitment had 247 yards and fouor touchdowns on 15-of-20 passing.
- QB Connor Shaw, Flowery Branch: The South Carolina commitment had 329 yards passing and two TDs in a loss to Gainesville.
- LB A.J. Johnson, Gainesville: The Tennessee commitment had three sacks in the first half against Flowery Branch.
- RB Charles Perkins, Collins Hill: The Georgia Tech commitment had 117 yards rushing and three TDs in a loss to Norcross.
- S Brian Randolph, Kell: Perhaps the Class of 2011 prospect should consider playing running back fulltime. He had 254 yards and four TDs in a 45-21 win over Milton.
- DB Marques Dixon, Southwest DeKalb: The Auburn commitment had 96 yards on just five carries.
- QB Hutson Mason, Lassiter: The undecided senior had 254 yards passing and four TDs in a win over Roswell.
- RB Seon Jones, Buford: The junior running back scored five touchdowns and had 168 yards on 21 carries.
- RB Storm Johnson, Loganville: The Miami commitment rushed for 224 yards on just 10 carries and had TD runs of 74, 65 and five yards.
- RB Rajaan Bennett, McEachern: The undecided senior had 158 yards and a touchdown for the Indians.
Those are just some that made their way to me. Let me know of others you may have seen or heard.