N. Clayton’s Clarence Jackson drawing attention of Kiffin, Vols
North Clayton’s Clarence Jackson showed there’s more to him than just toss-sweep right this past weekend as he put the ball in the end zone three different ways in the Eagles’ 34-13 win over Mt. Zion-Jonesboro.
Jackson had his normal productive night running the football with 18 carries for 110 yards and a touchdown but he also had two receptions for 56 yards and a TD and scored on a 93-yard interception return.
To top it off, Jackson was crowned “Mr. Homecoming” at halftime.
Jackson’s exploits this season continue to draw the attention of recruiters, even though he has long been committed to Ole Miss.
“[Tennessee] Coach [Lane] Kiffin is on him hard,” North Clayton assistant coach Demarco Mitchell tells me.
Jackson was one of several committed prospects that had big nights this weekend. Some others were:
- Jefferson County QB B.J. Bostic: The Georgia Tech commitment had 150- yards passing and 3 TDs and 100 yards rushing on 11 carries.
- Collins Hill RB Charles Perkins: The Georgia Tech commitment went over 1,000 yards rushing for the season with a 137 in a tight win over North Forsyth.
- M.L. King RB Mack Brown: The Florida commitment and AJC Super 11 selection had 109 yards on 19 carries and two catches for 30 yards but may have suffered a pulled hamstring.
- Southwest DeKalb RB Kendrun Malcome: The Georgia commitment piled up 245 yards rushing and four touchdowns in a 61-0 win over North Springs.
- Southwest DeKalb DE/TE T.J. Stripling: The UGA pledge graded 100 percent on offense and had four sacks.
- Flowery Branch QB Connor Shaw: The South Carolina commitment ran for 111 yards and two TDs and had another score on 11-of-19 passing for 146 yards in a win over Johnson;
- Stephenson RB Raymond Sanders: The Kentucky pledge had 110 yards on 22 carries and a touchdown.
- Gainesville QB Blake Sims: The Alabama commitment threw for three TDs on 7-of-9 passing for 164 in two quarters of play against W. Hall.
- Carver-Columbus QB Devin Burns: The Maryland commitment passed for 122 yards and 3 TDs in three quarters of a win over Columbus.
- Peachtree Ridge WR/DB Bradley Roby: The Vanderbilt pledge TDs on a 50-yard fumble recovery and a 52-yard punt return.