I didn’t learn much from last night’s “Honey Boo Boo” Halloween special but here’s my grand effort:
1) Wop sided is a word – at least on this show. Yes, this is a very casual term for lop sided. The kids found a “wop sided” pumpkin. Family members compared it to Mama’s buttock’s cheeks and her stomach.
2) Don’t stick a pumpkin your head. We actually learned this from many a sitcom (see “Friends”) But Uncle Poodle decided to try it anyway and yes, he couldn’t get it off.”It looks like Mama’s pumpkin was eating Poodle,” Honey Boo Boo said. He eventually banged his way out.
3) Mayonnaise is scary! The producers took the labels off the jars of mayonnaise Honey Boo Boo is glopping into bowls (see right). Probably smart because this was not a good advertisement for what looked like unappetizing gloppy gook. Apparently, Mama is not a fan (though she will eat chicken and tuna salad.) “It’s like a phobia,” she said. She runs away when presented with said mayo.
4) Fatter is as fatter does: Most of the girls are looking more and more like their Mama. That’s not necessarily a good thing. But the fat does not necessarily keep their pants up when they jump on a trampoline.
5) There is such a thing as fart ghost: You smell it before you see it. That’s according to Honey Boo Boo, paranormal expert.
6) Corn mazes are not good for the bladder. The family was in the maze so long, Mama ended up taking a bathroom break – in the corn.
7) Blondes have more fun, no matter what: Mama goes blonde and her man really wants her now. “Give Sugar Bear some honey,” said Sugar Bear. “Hubba hubba! When she came out as Marilyn Monroe [for Halloween,] I instantly became Horny Bear!”
Dental floss: the new Halloween candy. “Who gives out dental floss for Halloween? Some people are crazy!” Honey Boo Boo notes.