Kim is gone! Kim is gone!
Don’t know how many people will actually miss her at this point, but her departure (however contrived) felt apropos, with Kim stomping out of a meal with all the ladies.
Conveniently, the executives gathered all the cast members in the same room for the first time this season – including Kim.
They are planning a group trip this season to Anguilla. Kim missed the South Africa trip last year for K.J., her first baby with Kroy. This time around, she says she hopes to go, then quickly backtracks, saying she’s going to be too far along in her pregnancy. Everyone had accommodated their schedules for Kim and now she’s backing out. The ladies are a wee bit upset. Deep down, they are wondering if she’s really committed to the TV show she’s getting paid big bucks to do. (Not that they said that but you know that’s the underpinning.)
Indeed, for the past season plus, 90% of Kim’s scenes are in her house. She hardly ever sees the other women and even when she shows up to their parties, she wants to leave immediately. “My priorities have changed,” Kim explains.
Kandi gets annoyed when she finds out Kim is actually going to Lake Oconee instead. Kim says it’s about traveling overseas vs. staying local. Then she says “I never confirmed those dates” for Anguilla.
Once NeNe gets on Kim’s case about it all (”You make excuses all the time,” NeNe says, the steam starting to come off her blonde head), Kim gets up and leaves.
“All these b*** are f*** crazy,” Kim says.
She takes off her mic and shoos the cameras away. She’s fed up.
Many questions: who wants out more? Is this all an act? She still has relations with Bravo, which is giving her a second spinoff. Maybe they rigged it all to create more drama.
There’s no doubt in my mind the other women were all sick of Kim’s lackadaisical, candy-arsed attitude toward the show and them. She clearly stayed on the show this season for the paycheck, nothing more. The other resentful ladies ganged up on her and she ran away. That’s courage, Kim!
Next week, we see the Kim’s husband Kroy getting upset with the Bravo cameras, too.
NeNe and Kim, off camera on Twitter, have gotten into a feud over how Kim left the show. Kim, whose father recently called “a pathological liar,” claims she left mid-season voluntarily. NeNe says she was fired.
“It’s so funny how this chick wants people 2 think she quit the show!” NeNe tweeted. “The producers no longer wanted 2 work wit u! Good bye wit the lies.”
“U had an existing deal that the honored! Girl bye! Keep it 100,” she added. “Yea let’s get it! The brown girls won’t stand 4 the lies”
Kim responded: “I definitely was NOT fired from RHOA I can guarantee u that!!! My spinoff last year was a 1 time thing so this spinoff is brand new! Bye hater!!!!”
Yes, Kim will be back on another spinoff so she will remain with the Bravo family.
In other storylines:
- Kenya Moore, the queen of inauthenticity, spends an uncomfortable portion of a “double date” salivating over Phaedra Parks’ husband Apollo.
“Look at you looking all buff. You look like a supermodel with the shades on,” Kenya coos at Apollo right in front of Kenya’s boyfriend Walter and Phaedra, who creates that scrunched-up “What the…?” face of hers.
“He is a very attractive man,” she notes to the cameras. “Apollo. He’s kind of fine. [Giggle, giggle.]”
“I think Kenya likes to be the center of attention but she needs to pump her brakes because she is breaking some cardinal rules,” Phaedra notes, appropriately.
Apollo and Phaedra are doing a “booty” video together and want Kenya to potentially work the video given her producing skills. (Sounds like a bad idea, Phaedra. Run away!)
Then they race go karts. Kenya acts like a 13 year old and chases Apollo in the kart while Phaedra lags behind.
- Cynthia Bailey and her husband Peter are in a good place in their marriage. Cynthia talks about going to Anguilla. They broach inviting Kim and her husband Kroy. NeNe is not thrilled by the prospect, as noted earlier. Peter tells NeNe and Gregg while Cynthia is out of earshot that he is trying to surprise Cynthia for a surprise vow renewal on the beach.
- Porsha Stewart had a miscarriage six months earlier because of fibroids. She is checking with her doctor about whether she can have babies. She wants two boys and two girls, preferably twins so she doesn’t have to have five pregnancies (including said miscarriage.). She finds out she’s one more month from full health down there. “How do I higher my chances of having twins?” she asks the doctor, using the word “higher” for the correct word “improve.” “Let’s look at having one baby first,” the doctor noted. Porsha later meets with Cynthia and Nene and they dish about what a beeyotch Kenya is.
- Kandi Burruss meets with Cynthia at the Daiquiri Factory to talk about the trip to Anguilla. “The perfect getaway and we need to make it a couples trip,” Cynthia says. But Kandi’s boyfriend Todd is working on a TV show so she’s not sure he can join, much less want to join them given the drama they (are paid to) create.Later, Kandi meets with Phaedra at Boxwoods gift shop to talk about sex toys including kegel exercise balls, which apparently strengthen the vaginal muscles. They also talk about the Anguilla trip. “I hope Kim does not cancel on us,” Kandi says. Ahem.
- Phaedra meets with Cynthia to apologize for saying she didn’t give an f*** that Phaedra would come or not to Ayden’s party on an accidental butt call that NeNe got. Phaedra explained that she didn’t care who showed up since it was Ayden’s party, not hers, and she wouldn’t be offended if folks failed to show. Cynthia accepts the apology. “It’s not as if I didn’t say anything about Phaedra. I just haven’t gotten caught with them yet,” Cynthia notes. “I forgive but I won’t forget.”
“I’d rather live in a box.” – Kim, comparing living in her townhome vs. living with her mom (now estranged)
“There’s this wonderful thing God created and it’s called birth control. You’re going to take it and I’m going to make sure of it.” - Brianna, Kim’s daughter, who finds out her latest brother was an accident.
“It’s not about just feeding the hungry on Thanksgiving. It’s an every day situation. This is 265 days a year,” – Porsha, explaining Hosea Feed the Hungry while trying to get NeNe and Cynthia to do PSAs.
“That was validation that I’m not crazy and Kenya is” – Cynthia, after hearing Porsha tell a “Kenya is disrespectful” story.
“She probably has an extra pillow in there to make it look bigger, anything for more drama.” – NeNe, on Kim as she walked in pregnant.
“Real Housewives of Atlanta’ ratings are down from season 4 at this stage, averaging 2.6 million viewers over four episodes vs. 3 million a year ago. One bad sign: ratings have fallen four weeks in a row. That didn’t happen a year ago.