Here are a few “Idol”-related upcoming Atlanta appearances that I know of:
- Colton Dixon, one of three “Idol” contestants from season 11 to seal a record deal (in his case, Christian label Sparrow), is doing a private event Monday but is leaving time to meet with me after a “Good Day Atlanta” appearance. He has a new single out “You Are.” And he will be opening for Third Day next year at the Fox Theatre April 13. So I’ll have plenty to talk about with him.
- Season 11 winner Phillip Phillips of Leesburg will appear Nov. 21 at the Mall of Georgia Village Amphitheater at 6:30 p.m. for a free acoustic performance and album signing for his new release “The World From the Other Side of the Moon.” He is also performing at the Star 94 Jingle Jam Dec. 13.
- “Idol” judge Keith Urban’s tour includes a July 27 stop in Atlanta, his website notes. But a location was not included.
- Kris Allen, season 8 winner, is appearing at Eddie’s Attic (capacity: 150) January 20. Wow. That is a small venue, isn’t it?
- Season 4 winner Carrie Underwood is at Gwinnett Arena Dec. 19. A few seats still available.