Mona Scott Young, the executive producer of “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta,” hosted the reunion in Atlanta a few weeks ago and it aired last night.
What did we learn? Not too much but here we go:
- Joseline, who quickly became the star of the show, looked good and didn’t back down. “I’m the baddest b-,” she said. And the b-word was thrown around liberally over the hour. Liberally. I will use it as the b- word the rest of this entry just because I have to have some standards. (The fact I’m writing about this at all means I have very low standards, but they are standards nonetheless.)
- Mona Scott Young said Joseline is definitely a woman and the pregnancy (that she ultimately aborted) was for real. How did she know? Young watched Joseline strip down and pee on a pregnancy test. Seriously. “I’m all woman… Eveyr b- wants to look like me. I’m a bad b.” – Joseline.
- Why she opted not to have the baby: “I wasn’t going to have a baby with a [curse word] with five kids.. I was not ready. I put my career before anything else.”
- Joseline doesn’t deny her rough-hewed past. “I went to jail a bunch of times. I have a hundred mug shots.”
- Joseline’s pragmatic side: “Stevie’s crazy. Stevie do what he want to do. I’m down with it.”
- Line that elicited the most derisional snorting from the crowd: “I’m a woman of God. I curse. God knows my heart.” – Joseline.
- Who won the Scrappy/Stevie J fight? Who knows. Both claim victory of course. Young said they truncated the actual fight for the reunion show because of “backlash” about violence.
- Mimi makes no apologies about sticking with Stevie J on and off over 15 years and didn’t close the door on getting back with him. She also got defensive over all the backlash against her on the Web, saying she has her own income, that she wasn’t staying with Stevie for his cash money. “That was just what was happening… I don’t know one woman who hasn’t been cheated on. It’s just my story was being televised.” Mimi said. “Never been a victim. Never have, never will. Don’t f-in judge me.”
- How old is Karlie? She won’t say. Do we care? K. Michelle does. “You look like Michael Jackson in ‘Thriller’ “B-, your neck is wrinkled. B- you old.” Classy. The pair eventually work the Springer route but get pulled apart by security. Karlie attempted a comeback or two. The best she could pull off: “You look like the bottom of my shoe.”
- Understatement of the night: “I never thought I was the marrying type.” – Stevie J.
Straightfromthea.com has access to the entire episode.