Busy afternoon in TV news. Here’s a quick summary:
- Chad (Ochocinco) Johnson, the NFL receiver, allegedly head butted his wife Evelyn Lozada over the weekend. He lost both his job with the Miami Dolphins and his just completed VH1 reality show “Ev and Ocho,” set for Sept. 3. VH1 has no plans to resurrect it.
- NeNe Leakes said no way to another round of “Celebrity Apprentice.” Last year, she quit the show and she told TV Guide she found it too rigorous for her taste. She’s busy enough as it is with “Real Housewives of Atlanta” and recurring roles on NBC’s upcoming “The New Normal” and Fox’s “Glee.” She’s also hosting a “Glee Project” reunion online tomorrow night.
- NBC’s Olympic Closing Ceremonies Sunday night drew more than 27 million viewers last night. I don’t think that included the 10 minutes of the Who NBC tacked on at the end after “Animal Practice” and the local news at 11 p.m.
- Not everyone is cheering the military-themed “Stars Earn Stripes” on NBC tonight at 10 p.m. and includes Atlantan Dolvett Quince. Desmond Tutu thinks it glorifies war in a trivial manner.
- CNN doesn’t like how the New York Post characterized its search for “reality” TV to supplement its already announced Anthony Bourdain weekend show. Rather than “reality,” the network dubs its hunt for “nonfiction original series.”
By Rodney Ho, Radio & TV Talk