This part two of the “Real Housewives of Atlanta” reunion was pretty somnolent until hot mess and would-be “Housewife” Marlo Hampton stepped in to rile things up one more time.
Possibly resentful she didn’t get promoted to be a full-time cast member, Marlo freely cast aspersions on Kim Zolciak after hearing Kim’s earlier comment that Marlo used her “hole” to get places.
“I feel you and I are cut from the same cloth,” Marlo said. Then she wrinkled her nose and added, “You know what? I take that back. You’re a whore.”
“You ruined a happy home. I’ve never dated a married man. Next time you talk about the hole between my legs, measure yours,” Marlo added.
“First of all, I didn’t ruin a happy home,” Kim said. “That’s a lie No. 1. No. 2 I’m not a whore. No. 3. I’ m not an escort. You are. Big difference.”
“You don’t know me to call me a whore,” Marlo responded.
“You know me to call me that?” Kim retorted.
Marlo then insulted Kim’s hubby Kroy Biermann by saying he couldn’t afford the ring Kim is wearing. She claimed Kim sold Big Poppa’s ring to help pay for Kroy’s ring. Kim denied it. [On Twitter, Kim's daughter Brianna took a photo of both rings side by side to prove Kim still had Big Poppa's ring. Kim also said Marlo is just jealous because she didn't end up making it on the cast.]
With the “escort” line still reverberating in her ears, Marlo challenged that statement. Kim said she heard through friends. “You don’t know no one I know,” Marlo said, showing her grammatical finesse.
Marlo seemed to be enjoying these arguments just a wee bit too much and there’s more to come Sunday.
Earlier, host Andy Cohen brought three of the husbands out – but not much happened.
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey rehashed the tension Peter had with Cynthia’s sister Mal, who was not in attendance. (This would have been a lot more fun if she had been.) Cynthia defended Peter, saying Mal went over the line against him. Peter said he was joking when he insulted Mal at the party and didn’t realize he may have gone over the line himself. And while there were doubts about the future of their relationship, Peter forcefully said they love each other. Cynthia was oddly more circumspect, saying “No one can predict what will happen between me and Peter.”
NeNe also said she never flirted with Peter, that they were just joking around. Peter called it a “fun, playful” relationship. NeNe blamed the “smalls” on the accusations. Phaedra and Kim denied it. Sheree was quiet.
- Kim will finally reveal her real hair on the spinoff ‘Don’t Be Tardy for the Wedding,” debuting April 26.
Kroy said he loves kids and always wanted a huge family so Kim’s existing two kids, their baby and a second on the way, works well for him.
He is also unperturbed by Kim and NeNe’s relationship falling apart. “Friendships fall out,” Kroy said. “People come and go from your life.”
- They killed time by rehashing the “black baby” argument that dragged on over five or six episodes. I’m not sure they added much new to the equation though Sheree apologized for misconstruing Kandi’s comments. And Kim acknowledged that she hates flying and basically admitted that what Kandi said was true: she probably wouldn’t have gone on the South African trip even if the baby was not in the picture. (Then again, “RHOA” pays her enough money that she would have felt, um, legally obligated – like NeNe – to go.) I think it’s true that Kandi never meant to say anything racist at all.
- Kim never paid Kandi her due amount for ‘Tardy for the Party” and it’s clear that impacted their relationship. Kandi had been friends with Sheree but the whole “black baby” issue didn’t help matters.
- Phaedra and NeNe are not friends but don’t hate each other. Then again, there is no real desire to be friends either.
“I don’t drink 24 hours of the day. I don’t smoke 24 hours of the day,” – Kim. Yes. She has to sleep sometimes, too.
“Once NeNe came around, the smalls didn’t want me anymore” – Marlo Hampton.
“Still working on my etiquette,” Marlo, moments before calling Kim a “whore.”
TRAILER FOR SUNDAY
More drama with Marlo. Kandi goes after her with the “escort” line again. Kim mocks Cynthia for having a “backbone” in front of NeNe. And Sheree and NeNe argue once again.
NeNe’s battles with the other ladies ignited the reunion show last Sunday, generating 3.2 million viewers. This is the highest rated “reunion” episode in the show’s history.
By Rodney Ho, Radio & TV Talk