In July, I attended a charity event hosted by Marlo Hampton. Marlo who, you may ask?
I was intrigued because the press release stated that the former boutique owner was the newest cast member of Bravo’s hit show “The Real Housewives of Atlanta.”
When I started an interview with Hampton stating that she was a new “Real Houswife,” she stopped me and said that wasn’t necessarily the case. Nonetheless, there was a lot of winking and nodding going on.
As taping of the fourth season of “Real Housewives Of Atlanta” continued through the summer, Hampton was seen with the regular cast members quite often. Photos were taken of her and NFL player Charles Grant, who allegedly used to date NeNe Leakes.
Straight From the A, an Atlanta-based gossip news site which originally broke the news of Hampton’s arrival, last week said that the unmarried Hampton was merely being tested as a possible cast member but did not make the cut. The site speculates that Hampton will be a recurring character when the show returns November 6 even though she even flew to South Africa with the gang.
Why did she not make the cut? That’s mere speculation at this point.
Indeed, Hampton is not in any promotional photos of the upcoming season. It’s the same six women from season three.
But she does show up in this trailer:
Hampton, who owned Red Carpet Boutique at Perimeter Mall for three years (now closed), had a spotty past that was aired out on the gossip sites. She was arrested at least seven times between 1998 and 2003, including aggravated assault.
Hampton’s publicist (I know, why does she even have a publicist?) texted me a “no comment.” No word yet from Bravo.
By Rodney Ho, Radio & TV Talk