Kelly Stevens made a low-key entrance this morning, joining Vikki Locke (left) as part of the new Vikki and Kelly show on B98.5.
At 6:11 a.m., he noted that his roommate packed him a lunch, which included a hard-boiled egg, oatmeal with blueberries and peeled grapes. Locke was bemused by the peeled grapes. “That’s some roommate!” she said.
They aired a brief portion of a pre-taped interview with Kendra Wilkinson of “Dancing With the Stars.” Kelly had Kendra say, in a sexy voice, “Good morning, Kelly.”
Each jock then offered 10 tidbits about themselves. First up was Kelly:
1) He is a native Washingtonian (as in state, not D.C.)
2) He spent six years with the Coast Guard,
3) Nobody is allowed in his very messy bedroom (”That’s why you’re single!” Locke said.)
4) He loves blackjack (but isn’t very good)
5) He enjoys riding his Harley in the North Georgia mountains.
6) He owns a dog named Bailey and a cat named Jack.
7) If he wins the lottery, he plans to buy a yacht and go around the world with Anne Hathaway
8- He misses being in love
9) He was a door-to-door vacuum salesman in the past (”That sucks,” Locke cracked.)
10) On Sunday nights, he plays bingo with some friends, including his adopted mom Midge.
Vikki, who has been at the station since 2008, offered her list of ten:
1) Best thing she ever did was marry her husband Mike Hughes
2) She’s never smoked weed ever
3) She loves to scuba dive
4) She could hold her breath under water in high school for two and a half minutes, longer than any other girl
5) She has never cussed in front of her parents
6) She has an annoying whistle at sporting events
7) She always sets her microwave on an odd number. (Not one minute but one minute, one second)
She jumped out of an airplane (while with the Steve & Vikki show on Star 94)
9) In third grade, she laughed so hard, a green bean shot out of her nose
10) “I bleed scarlet and gray.” (Ohio State)
Kelly was part of the Kelly & Alpha morning team from 1998 to 2008. He re-joined Cox Atlanta radio last year part time but was recently brought back full time to work with Locke.
By Rodney Ho, email@example.com, AJCRadioTV blog