Atlanta is well represented on the third season of “Celebrity Apprentice,” which debuts on NBC March 6. Both rap star Lil Jon and reality show regular NeNe Leakes (of “Real Housewives of Atlanta” fame) participated last fall.
Without giving away too many details, here are some observations based on watching a preview of that first two-hour episode.
- Actor Gary Busey is crazy in a lovable sort of way. And we learn why one of his eyes bulges out at times.
- NeNe was on her best behavior on the first challenge but as we’ve seen in trailers, she and Star Jones will go at it at some point.
- Actress Lisa Rinna (also an alum of “Dancing With the Stars”) talks behind Star Jones’ back, sowing the seeds for future conflict there as well.
- Star Jones clearly has the smarts and determination to win this game. And she was only a few months removed from open heart surgery!
- Richard Hatch is an ego-maniacal, mean-spirited man – just 10 years older and better clothed than when he won “Survivor in 2000.
- David Cassidy, the Justin Bieber of his day, is a lot smaller than baseball player Jose Canseco. And he smokes!
- Canseco clearly does not need steroids to exhibit his temper.
- Singer Meatloaf is intense. Very intense.
- LaToya Jackson seems sweet but flighty.
- Model Niki Taylor knows her way around a kitchen.
- Lil Jon has a way with words – even when he’s not rapping.
- Country singer/producer John Rich, who hosted reality show “Gone Country” on CMT for three seasons, is not only incredibly smart but well connected in New York City.
- Actress Marlee Matlin, a “Dancing with the Stars” vet, has a sign language translator with her at all times so she knows whats going on as others speak around her and vice versa.
- Singer Dionne Warwick is very low key, which is not something Donald Trump tends to like when push comes to shove.
- Hard to read singer/ TV host Mark McGrath based on the first episode. Does he have the assertiveness to win it all?
-Eye candy Hope Dworacyk, a model and Playboy Playmate, left virtually no impression at all.
“Celebrity Apprentice,” NBC, Sunday March 6, 9 p.m.
By Rodney Ho, email@example.com, AJCRadioTV blog