Ladies and gentlemen,
In an effort to improve the conversation on this blog, and to encourage an atmosphere for family reading, we’re introducing, reiterating and enforcing some simple rules that will govern commenting. Effective immediately:
1) Issues will be discussed in language suitable to the public square. Certain words and phrases will automatically trigger a block, as will an abundance of hyperlinks. If a commenter’s imagination outpaces our preparation, then we will adjust.
2) Theft of commenting “handles” will result in the deletion of the comment on the first offense, and the banning of the author on the second.
3) The posts by those with overlong handles will be removed. Keep them simple, short and clean.
4) No personal attacks.
5) Cut-and-paste comments will be deleted.
6) The first dozen or so comments on a post will need to stay on topic. After that, we’ll let the conversation wander where it will – on issues. The purpose of commenting on this blog is to encourage discussion. If your purpose is to halt discussion, or disrupt it, or to embarrass your fellow commenters, then you need to reconsider your participation.
We’ll start there, and add or subtract as needed.
Best regards, and happy commenting.