Some cool Peachtree Road Race facts
Some cool numbers:
- 3400 volunteers work at the Peachtree Road Race.
- More than 700 portable toilets along the race route.
- Fastest men’s time was 27:04, by Kenya’s Joseph Kimani in 1996.
- Fastest women’s time was 30:32 by Kenya’s Lornah Kiplagat in 2002.
- Coolest starting temperature was 62 degrees in 1986 and 1989.
- Warmest was 80, several times.
- More than 550,000 paper cups and 65,000 bottles of water will used during race.
- most popular T-shirt size is large, making up 29 percent of the shirts that will distributed.
- Runners from 48 states and D.C. registered. Hawaii was one.
- 32 percent of the runners are competing in the race for the first time.