There was a Reuters story last week about how couples are now experiencing problems at the 3-year mark instead of the 7-year mark. And while that is interesting I think the more interesting part of the story was buried in the very last paragraph — the TOP 10 everyday things that couples said kill the passion in the marriage.
1. Weight gain/lack of exercise, 13 percent;
2. Money & Spend thriftiness, 11 percent;
3. Anti-social working hours, 10 percent;
4. Hygiene issues (personal cleanliness), 9 percent;
5. In-Laws/extended family – too much/too little, 9 percent;
6. Lack of romance (sex, treats etc.), 8 percent;
7. Alcohol – drinking too much, 7 percent;
8. Snoring & anti social bedtime habits, 6 percent;
9. Lapsed fashion-Same old underwear/clothes, 4 percent;
10. Bathroom habits – Stray nail cuttings etc., 4 percent.
Here is more information on the poll from Reuters: