Top new toys for your little genius
Time magazine’s editors picked the top 15 smart toys from this year’s 2011 Toy Fair in New York City.
Click here to see the complete list.
Here were some of the ones I thought my kids would like the most:
- Thames & Kosmos Global Water Quality Kit – Anytime science is involved my kids are in. I think they would love testing water for chemicals and impurities.
- Hot Wheels Video Racer – This is very cool. One car has a camera in it and films as the kids race the cars on the track. Later you can download the footage for your own little movie.
- Quadrilla Melody Basic Set – We love marble runs and this is a marble run that makes music when the balls pass through. All three of my kids have played with our marble run and they each play with it differently. A plain one is well worth the money. I’m not sure if I would pay extra for it to make music.
- Perplexus – I think my kids would love the 3D ball labyrinth.
- LeapPad Explorer – This is basically a kid’s version of the iPad to in theory get them off of yours. Overall we like LeapPad products.
- Hexbugs – These are already out at Target I believe – maybe it is an earlier incarnation. I bought some for a friend of Walsh last week and the third-grader loved them. The kids can log on and learn about real bugs with a code so that is neat.
- Uncle Milton Ant Farm Revolution – The coolest ant farm you have ever seen. Please click on the link and see the photo of it. It’s not like Dad’s aunt farm made of sand. It’s green ooze that they tunnel through. Very cool.
Time has other toy list breakdowns as well:
Top Tech toys
Top 100 Greatest Toys ever by the decade
What do you think of all 15 toys? Which ones would your kids like best? What did you think of Time’s other lists? Did you see any tech toys you loved?