A few weeks ago we were talking about divorced couples dating, and we had multiple requests for ways to rev up date nights for married couples. We can talk about fun places to go on date nights, but I thought you would be more interested in this fantastic article I found in “Women’s Health” magazine:
“Little Moves, Big Pleasures: These 101 sex boosters will keep you busy (and satisfied) all summer long.”
The story by Colleen Oakley is in its June edition, but it is not online so I can’t link to it in its entirety. However, I am pulling, will full credit to “Women’s Health” and Colleen Oakley, 10 of her cleanest tips. You will have to buy the magazine for the 91 others – many of them much more explicit than what I’m writing here!
(Be sure to check out the “Women’s Health” site for lots of interesting sex tips. They have a quiz about your partner’s equipment, which I scored very poorly on! Need to study up. As well as some diagrams you’ll want to see – enough said!)
Without further ado, here are 10 tips to make date night hotter from Colleen Oakley of “Women’s Health” magazine.
10. Get at least eight hours of sleep! Oakley reports a recent study links poor sleep habits with a bad sex life.
9. “Break out the wine.” Researchers in Italy found that women who drank two glasses of red wine a day had more sexual desire than those who didn’t.
8. “Don’t skip the gym.” Oakley says that women who get just 20 minutes of exercise a day reported having better sex than women who didn’t exercise at all.
7. “Pop in earplugs.” The author says this will enhance the sound of your breathing and block out the rest of the world so you can focus on your other four senses. (So we won’t hear the kids knocking on the bedroom door?)
6. “Wear stilettos.” I love this one ladies. Apparently, “heels directly work the muscles linked to orgasm.” No more Kegels! Just wear heels. Can this be true?
5. “Use two forms of birth control.” This one makes sense. If you’re not worried about getting pregnant, you’ll enjoy yourself more.
4. “Send him a hoochymail.” The author reports that while e-mail and texting are great ways to seduce your hubby, they can also be accidentally seen by others – ie his boss! “For safe and secure texting, go to hoochymail.com to share your fantasy with your significant other.” It’s free.
3. “Make a naughty suggestion box.” Write down your fantasies and pull them out of the box when you need some zing.
2. “Ask him to wear the cologne he wore on your first date.” I really like this one. The author reports smell evokes such strong memories it can transport you back to the beginning of your relationship! (When you actually liked each other – I’m just kidding!!)
1. “Don’t wait until you’re in the mood!” I love this one because I think ladies are waiting for the perfect time and it just isn’t going to happen. You’ve got kids running around, you’re tired, the house is a mess, there’s never going to be the perfect time.
Oakley reports: “Recent research suggests that women’s arousal is more elicited than self-generated.” Meaning, even if you don’t feel like having sex right then, if you start fooling around, you’ll get into the mood! Good to know!
So what do you think of Oakley’s cleanest tips? What are your best tips that won’t get me fired – please use euphemisms where appropriate. Also, without getting too graphic let me know what you think of the other articles on their Web site. Again please keep it as clean as possible and don’t get me fired!