Good news everyone! The great folks at Dockers® sent me the following news release about our great city. Check it out!
Last week, in a light-hearted chivalry smack-down between five major cities– Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco – a young woman or mature gentleman was staged in a high traffic pedestrian area in a state of distress, where they clearly struggled with heavy and toppling file boxes. Did anyone stop to help?
Indeed they did…and no one fared better than in Atlanta.
1) Atlanta proved to be the most chivalrous, with only up to 8 people passing our man or woman in distress before someone stopped.
2) Coming in second was Dockers’ hometown of San Francisco, with up to 17 people passing by before a chivalrous individual stopped to help
3) The third most chivalrous city was Chicago, with 20 passersby before help was offered
4) Fourth most chivalrous was Los Angeles, with 35 passersbys before someone took a moment to help
5) And in 5th place was New York (Manhattan), with up to 40 people passing by our man or woman before someone stopped to lend a hand
So what do you think? Pretty awesome to know that our city ranks so high compared to other cities?
I wonder if singles in each of these cities would agree with the chivalry quotients of their city?
In our city of transplants and natives, would you say that you meet chivalrous people often on the dating scene?
Clearly we have the south advantage. Do you believe that where we grew up and the way we were raised makes a difference?
Wise Diva, Misadventures in Atlanta Blog