It’s live chat time, and we’ll keep going until 1 p.m. You’re free to ask anything and everything, but I thought I’d start the festivities with a few topic suggestions, some of which came from you. (Thanks!)
• Would Georgia be better served hiring a Big Name defensive coordinator or looking for a guy from a smaller school whose profile is substantially lower? Brian VanGorder came from Central Michigan, did he not? (Then again, so did Willie Martinez.)
• The Hawks are 17-6. Mike Woodson is a lame duck, at least at the moment. Should that be remedied soon, or would Rick Sund be better off waiting until May/June to work a new deal? (But what if Woodson becomes a hot commodity after leading the Hawks to the Eastern Conference finals — don’t laugh — and leaves to take another job?)
• Can the Falcons win these final three games? Can they win another game? And if they end up 8-8 or worse, is the season a refutation of the Dimitroff/Smith Method? (I say no, but maybe that’s just me.)
• I have a Hall of Fame ballot. Should I vote for Mark McGwire? Should I write in Greg Norton’s name?
• Bobby Cox is approaching his final season. Will he work extra hard on nicknames for this last go-around?
• Tech basketball: Like what you’ve see so far?
• A submission from Daniel: Does playing Jonathan Babineaux the same week he was arrested give lie to the Falcons’ claims of being a character-first organization?
• A submission from Heath: Kennesaw State football — great idea or non-starter?
• Does Frank Wren know what he’s doing? Will Derek Lowe be traded? Should Derek Lowe be traded?
• Will it get even better for Paul Johnson and Tech, or is 11-2 the summit?
OK, there’s 10 ideas. We can discuss all, some or none. But I will make one request: Having said that you’re free to ask anything/everything, I’ll affix one asterisk. I’d rather not talk about Michael Vick. I’m tired of that one. I expect you are, too.
And with that, the figuarative microphone is open. I’m listening, Seattle Atlanta. (Sorry. Watched “Frasier” one time too many.)