Your weekly list of good reads and information not to be missed:
- A new meme emerging on the left and on the right: President Obama’s problem is that he hasn’t been willing to consider whether he’s been wrong about some things. Well, except perhaps for his belief that we should be more civil in our political discourse.
- Al Gore for what??? Also, this (language warning with the second link).
- While London burns (and the authorities mostly watch), some big American cities are dealing with a new kind of flash mob (the Atlanta dateline in this story seems to be incidental).
- Newt Gingrich’s presidential campaign may have fizzled, but expect him to keep up efforts like this one to engage the public on big conservative ideas.
- I wrote earlier this week that Standard & Poor’s used faulty reasoning and played politics in explaining its downgrade of the U.S. government’s credit rating. Here’s a strong dissenting view.
- From economist Greg Mankiw, a graph displaying almost four decades of