Granted, this list was compiled by people on the right — the editors at Townhall. That’s one reason I’m bringing it up here for debate. Did they get it right?
I count three current or former Georgians on the list — Newt Gingrich, Clarence Thomas and Erick Erickson; no Tom Price or Ralph Reed — and it’s interesting that 4.5 of the top 10 are women (the half referring to the fact that No. 7 is “the tea party patriot”).
The entire top 10, in ascending order and with my comments in parentheses:
10. Michele Bachmann (The most hated Republican in Congress? Really?)
9. Bill O’Reilly (Higher than Sean Hannity? Really?)
8. Dick Cheney (Only question imo is whether he or Karl Rove ires liberals more.)
7. The tea party patriot (A little too close to “Time’s Person of the Year: You” for my taste.)
6. Michelle Malkin (Not many liberals naming babies Michelle [or Michele] these days, I suppose.)
5. Ann Coulter (No surprise here.)
4. George W. Bush (How many years will pass before he makes it out of the top 10? Will he, or we, live to see it?)
2. Sarah Palin (But of course.)
… and at No. 1, Glenn Beck.
Thoughts? Who would make the opposite list — people hated by the right?
(H/t: Hot Air, whose bloggers Ed Morrisey and Allahpundit are ranked Nos. 49 and 65, respectively.)