It’s almost that time when we’ll be “goin’ back to Athens town,” and to help get you into the spirit of the season we continue our rundown of reasons to be a fan of the Bulldogs. Here, in no particular order, are 20 more. …
21. You can’t spell “Sugar” without “UGA.”
22. The electricity in the air when you step on the Sanford Drive bridge before a game.
24. Dan Magill and the loudest tennis crowds in America.
25. Sinkwich and Trippi in the same backfield.
26. “Glory, Glory Dixieland.”
27. Red and black, the best color combination in sports.
28. Verron Haynes in the checkerboard end zone.
29. Teaching a child to say “Go Dogs!” (Especially if he belongs to your Gator neighbor!)
30. Vince Dooley’s sideline body English.
31. Kevin Butler kicking it “a hundred thousand miles” against Clemson.
32. The Gym Dogs’ 10 national championships.
33. Foley Field’s six College World Series banners (twice as many as the school in Atlanta).
34. A jersey number retired for good reason.
35. “Keep your seats everyone, the Redcoats are coming!”
36. Dominique Wilkins.
37. Kudzu Hill.
38. Jake “the Snake” Scott.
39. Uga V lunging at Auburn’s Robert Baker.
40. A crisp fall day in Athens — as close to heaven on earth as you can get.