See you at Eddie’s Attic Open Mic Shootout November 27
Eddie's Attic has helped launch the careers of performers like the Indigo Girls. It could happen again Friday at the Decatur venue's Open Mic Shootout. AJC file photo
It’s time again for the twice-per-year Open Mic Shootout at Eddie’s Attic in Decatur. More than 20 performers, one song, head-to-head competition, single-round eliminations.
They’re competing for $1,000, but perhaps moreso, the mojo. Eddie’s Attic has helped to launch a lot of music careers, but past winners of this competition include Jennifer Nettles, John Mayer, Clay Cook and Shawn Mullins.
I’ll be among the judges this year, so make sure to come say hi.
Here’s a list of most of the performers:
- Shawna Sweeney, Ft. Lauderdale
- Ben Wade, Atlanta
- Arlo Finch & Green Jungle Band, Atlanta
- Oliver Hazard, Atlanta
- Chelsea Lynn LaBate, Deland, Fla.
- Noah Collins, Chattanooga
- The Honey Dewdrops, Charlottesville, Va.
- Rachel Leigh, Atlanta
- Zaib Khan, Atlanta
- Mike Kinnebrew, Atlanta
- Kate Klim, Nashville
- Wavy Space, Charlotte
- Caleb Stine, Baltimore, Md.
- 10th Concession, Tampa
- Kelly McFarling, San Francisco
- Max Beizer, Nashville
- Jason Connelly, Atlanta
- John Schreiner, Cleveland, Tenn.
- Channing & Quinn, Nashville
- John Milstead, Tupelo, Miss.
- Blair Crimmins, Atlanta
- Ellen Cherry & Kristin Putchinski, Baltimore
Want to go? Bi-Annual Songwriters Open Mic Shootout XXXI. Doors at 7 p.m., show at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 27. $20, $35 for admission and meal, $100 for reserved table for four. Eddie’s Attic, 515-B N. McDonough St., Decatur. 404-377-4976, www.eddiesattic.com.