PHOTOS: Dragon*Con Parade takes over Peachtree Street
Cinderella's wicked step-sisters sing to the crowd during the Dragon*Con parade on Saturday. AJC/Jamie Gumbrecht
Here’s what I saw this morning at the Dragon*Con parade up Peachtree Street in Atlanta:
- Dozens of gleeful children dressed as Stormtroopers, shooting at their enemies.
- More Ghostbusters than I realize pop culture allowed.
- Faeries offering starry-pointed wands to little boys, who seemed happy to have them.
Puss in Boots! AJC/Jamie Gumbrecht
- A sword fight in front of Brooks Brothers.
- A serious pirate ship, towed by a truck, but plenty large enough to float on the Chattahoochee…
- An all-female Quidditch team chanting, “We are the Harpies, mighty, mighty Harpies!”
- A bunch of Spartans, and not in an athletic-team kinda way.
- Confused Virginia Tech and Alabama fans.
Stylish. AJC/Jamie Gumbrecht
- Hotter boots than I ever see on Peachtree Street when everybody is dressed normally.
- Frankenstein and his bride, in a convertible decked out with a “Just Married” sign.
- The always charming Seed and Feed Marching Abominable.
- Cardboard robot costume with a bumper sticker-style sign that said, “My other robot…is a box.”
Batman, meet...other Batman? AJC/Jamie Gumbrecht
What were your favorite moments during the parade? Post in the comments!
Check out more sights from the parade in our Dragon*Con photo gallery. Better yet, send us your family-friendly photos! They’ll post to a public gallery on AccessAtlanta.
Thinking of heading in for more Dragon*Con fun? Here’s what you should know before you go.
Pirates on Peachtree. AJC/Jamie Gumbrecht