Thrashers TV Schedule Announced

I just recieved word that the Thrashers TV schedule has been released. There are 61 of the 82 games that will be televised locally.

Here it is:

Tues. Apr. 6 NEW JERSEY 7 p.m. – SPSO
Fri. Apr. 9 @ Washington 7 p.m. – SPSO
Sat. Apr. 10 PITTSBURGH 7 p.m. – SPSO

SPSO – Sports South

FSSO – Fox Sporth South

Upcoming Viewing Parties At TJ’s

While we’re on the topic of the schedule…and now that we know which games will/won’t be aired locally…Mark Ecclestone and I have discussed some dates for Thrashers Viewing Parties. Here is what we’ve come up with:

Saturday Oct. 10 – It’s a Saturday night game in the midst of the 19-day gap between the first home game of the season and the second. Perfect for a viewing party date.

Saturday Oct. 17 – This one was already worked out with the Atlanta Thrashers Fan Club. Turns out it’s a perfect time to do so for the same reasons given for the week prior.

Saturday Oct. 24 – This is the Party Bus date for the San Jose Sharks game. If you haven’t procured your tickets yet, there are still some seats available…see here for details.

Saturday Nov. 7 – The Thrashers will get their first look at first overall draft selection John Taveres and the New York Islanders.

Wednesday Nov. 25 – If you’re not travelling for the Thanksgiving holiday, come join us as the Thrashers mosey up to Motown to take on the Red Wings.

Saturday Jan. 30 – The Fan Club will be heading up the road to infest Nashville with Thrashervillians…but if you aren’t able to make the trip, Mark and Tim will have the game, which isn’t aired locally, on the big screen.

Saturday Feb. 13 – Once again, we’ll join forces with the Fan Club to pack the place with rowdie Thrashers fans as the home team heads to the Windy City for a date with the Blackhawks. It’ll be the last game prior to the Olymipc break.

Sunday Mar. 21 – A Sunday night engagement with the Flyers. Think maybe we can beat them once this year?

Friday Apr. 9 – The last road game of the year and the destination will be Washington D.C. to take on Ovechkin and company.

Also, we are keeping in mind the day after Christmas and New Year…they are both Saturday night games being played in Tampa Bay and Long Island respectively. Your input there will be helpful as the time draws near.

And if you know of any other viewing party venues that will happen during the season, please let me know and I’ll help spred the word for you.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe Labor Day weekend.

ranallo10 (in AT)

September 5th, 2009

I’m guessing we can look at Derrick Brassard’s newest contract (4 years/$13M — $3.25M cap hit) as the starting point for Little’s upcoming RFA offer. I hope for nothing less than four years on Little’s next contract.

ranallo10 (in AT)

September 5th, 2009

Excuse me, it’s Derik Brassard.

ranallo10 (in AT)

September 5th, 2009

Ouch…Derrick, Derik, Derick. I hope he forgives me.

Brendan

September 5th, 2009

Okay, so I’ve been watching all these ads for Center Ice on the NHL Network today, saying … “Call your cable company NOW for the ‘early bird’ special.” So, I picked up the phone … dialed Comcast … and found out … they’re not offering it yet. They said to try back in two weeks. Oh well. They didn’t have a price for it, either. Stay tuned.

I know I’m a fool to dream, but I’d offer Bryan Little 8-years/$32 million, and hope he takes it. It’s way over paying now, but it’s way underpaying him for several UFA years, later on. If the cap can grow from $39 million to $56.8 million in five years, imagine what the cap might look like in 2018? If Little accepted that deal, and he put up 30-40 goals a season, on average, over those eight years, he’d be on the annual “best deals” list. And if he’s bust, which is unlikely, it still sent the right message about player retention, especially of original Thrasher draft picks. And if it takes giving him a NTC to achieve that price, so be it. If things go badly here, Little might want out, anyway, and waive the NTC.

World Be Free

September 6th, 2009

Ranallo-thinking like you. Columbus locked up their star this summer (Nash) and their future (Brassard). Think the Thrash need to do the same with Kovy and Little.

LAC-as a Sabres fan in the 70’s, I always hated to play the Flames. Atlanta had a great team in the 70’s, top to bottom, always tough. The only Sabre that thrived on Atlanta was Gilbert Perreault, he always played well in ATL. We scored a goal against Noel Price and Danny
Bouchard in the mid 70’s that was one of the greatest I ever have seen in 40+ years. He move around Picard like he was standing still. Boom Boom said he didn’t want to see the replay, he’d seen enough.

The Flames don’t get enough ink on this blog. Hilly Graves, Rey Comeau, Danny Bouchard and a host of others were a great team. I wish we talked about them more.

BT-another subject for you, though it seems the Flames are a taboo subject for this blog. Old time hockey.

Tony C.

September 6th, 2009

WBF- thts where you’re wrong…. Mr.T has had more than one ATL Flames-themed blog…and our “Rawhide Rowdies” group outing is leaving from TJ’s in Roswell….owned and operated by former Flame Tim Eccelstone… in fact, I think that any move from Le Thrash to include Flames/ATL hockey history in the coming months will have Rawhide’s Flames nostalgia as the starting-point

World Be Free

September 6th, 2009

Tony C.-there are some reference to the old Flames, but not enough in my opinion. I would also like to see the Thrashers embrace the Atlanta Flame history a little more.

ben

September 6th, 2009

Brendan, I feel our cap numbers will go up because #1 they are, and #2 they’ll more than likely sell the team which I believe was what you had sussed out anyway. I feel they’ll keep it to a local set of buyers. Also, I was wondering where Comcast put my NHL network. Now I know.

Tom

September 6th, 2009

No more Versus on Directv???

Looks like Comcast and Versus are in a pissing match. I hope that they get it figured out by the playoffs. Otherwise thank God for Center Ice!

GaVaHokie

September 6th, 2009

TSN has Atlanta at 26th (http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=290041) in their power rankings.

Yeah, total BS… there’s no way Toronto is better than Tampa and Atlanta in my book. How can a completely retooled Leafs team, with no scoring threat and questionable goaltending be ranked higher than Atlanta and Tampa?

… Canadian bias, that’s how.

Brendan

September 6th, 2009

By my best guess, Atlanta will finish 23rd in the NHL this season. I have them 10th in the Conference. I have Atlanta at #23, Florida at #24, Tampa Bay at #25, Toronto at #26, Colorado at #27, Phoenix at #28, NY Islanders at #29, and Ottawa at #30.

Bear in mind, rosters aren’t set. Things could change. What if Ottawa does move Heatley for a good return? What if the Thrashers do add Zherdev? Or trade for a defenseman? These rankings should come out in October.

Here’s how I see the Top 16 teams. #16 Buffalo, #15 Columbus, #14, NY Rangers, #13 Montreal, #12 St. Louis, #11 Philadelphia, #10 Calgary, #09 New Jersey, #08 Vancouver, #07 Chicago, #06 Washington, #05 Carolina, #04 Boston, #03 San Jose, #02 Detroit, and #01 Pittsburgh.

The bubble race is going to be great in both Conference this year. Look at the West for position #8. Edmonton, Los Angeles, Nashville, Anaheim, and Columbus could all well be duking it out for those 7th and 8th seeds. In the East, it should be quite a battle between Buffalo, the NY Rangers, Atlanta, Montreal and Florida for the 7th and 8th spots. Do the Rangers have just enough, with Tortorella behind the bench, to make it to the playoffs for the fifth (5th) straight year? Before the lockout, the Rangers missed the playoffs for seven straight years. Could Buffalo, with healthy players, and assuming they do re-sign Drew Stafford, make it back? They got tougher when they reacquired Mike Grier as a grinder. Montreal’s offseason smacked of “desperation.” With all those new faces gel? Will Bob Gainey survive the year as GM? They spent a lot of money … and they expect BIG results. Two years ago, they were the #1 seed. Last year, the Habs barely qualified for the playoffs at #8, and got swept by one of their arch rivals, the Boston Bruins. Gainey has to be feeling the heat. What about the Florida Panthers, sans Bouwmeester? They just barely missed the playoffs, on a tie-breaker with Montreal. Will they move into the playoff field, or slip back to their more traditional spot outside of the playoffs? How much BETTER is Tampa Bay? We’ll just have to wait and see.

In the West, I’m very interested in the race between Calgary and Vancouver. Calgary has a new Coach. Vancouver’s GM, Mike Gillis, replaced David Nonis for the purposes of advancing the Canucks into the CF. In Game Six, in Chicago, the Canucks gave up seven (7) goals in a game in which their very existence was on the line. That’s too many goals in an essential game. They lost. Chicago moved on to face Detroit in CF. The Flames have Bouwmeester this year. Will that be the difference? Minnesota has a new GM and new Coach. I applaud their gumption in moving their franchise forward. I wish the Wild every success, as one of my two adopted Western Conference teams this year. The other, is the Los Angeles Kings. Call me crazy, but I think Kings have a shot at that #8 seed. There’s a fantastic young corps of players. Drew Doughty, Jack Johnson, Anze Kopitar, Brown, Frolov, Bernier in net, potentially. Maybe even young Brayden Schenn?? Who knows? The Kings have paid their dues, with a slow build. I hope they make it in. For once, the Kings might be BUYERS at the trade deadline. Imagine that!

Brendan

September 6th, 2009

Ben, your NHL Network should be on channel #296. The Center Ice Channels should be 771-784, once they become available. No word on Hi-Def or not. They don’t even have the pricing info available. Anyone have Charter Cable? If so, do they have Center Ice and pricing data available yet?

John

September 6th, 2009

Just in case you would like to see how a real local newspaper covers their hockey team: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/capitals/index.html?nid=roll_capitals

Sara

September 6th, 2009

Brendan re: Charter – not yet.

R. Stroz

September 6th, 2009

John – I’m more concerned with having “real owners” running the team correctly than a real newspaper covering the team.

Brendan

^5, directed at R.Stroz.

Thanks for the scoop on Charter, Sara.

World Be Free

September 6th, 2009

GaVa-like I have said before, NOBODY in Canada will have anything good to say about the Thrashers or the city of Atlanta-period.

Went the Braves game today; I still do not know how Terry Pendleton still has his job. Braves are like Billy Ray Cyrus-both 1 hit wonders.

Nice breakdown Brendan-you know more that than some of the guys in the business that are paid to know.