Just a quick blog with some notes about last night’s 102-98 preseason loss to the Pacers before I head to practice this afternoon.
* As I reported Monday, Devin Harris did make his preseason debut against Indiana. The guard was in the starting lineup and scored 11 points with five rebounds and two assists in 23 minutes.
* The rest of the starting lineup was Kyle Korver, Anthony Tolliver, Zaza Pachulia and Jeff Teague.
* Josh Smith and Al Horford were inactive. Both played in Memphis on the first leg of the trip. Carldell Johnson, Johan Petro and DeShawn Stevenson (knee) did not play as coaches decisions.
* The Hawks were held to 38.7 percent from the field (36 of 93). Lou Williams (18 points),Tolliver (14), Korver (13), Ivan Johnson (12), Harris (11) and Teague (11) were all double-digit scorers.
* The Pacers shot 44.6 percent from the field (33 of 74), making three less field goals in 19 fewer shots than the Hawks.
* The Hawks have allowed more than 100 points in each of the past three losses.
* The Hawks had 19 fast-break points and allowed the Pacers only seven.
* The Hawks shot 37.5 percent from 3-point range (9 of 24).
I will report on what coach Larry Drew and the players had to said about the game following practice. I would imagine that defense will again be at issue. We’ll also look ahead to Thursday’s home game against the Hornets. The Hornets game has been added to the radio broadcast of 680 AM. They will air the final three preseason games.
Finally, I would expect another round of roster cuts at some point, maybe even later today. The Hawks probably want to play their final preseason games with a roster close to what they will carry in the regular season.
- Chris Vivlamore
THE LATEST NEWS
Follow me on Twitter at ajchawks