Sorry folks. Took Sunday off since I didn’t travel to Memphis for the 110-102 exhibition loss to the Grizzlies. With no practice today, team went straight to Indiana for tomorrow night’s game against the Pacers, I spent most of my day getting a new company-issued laptop. (Let’s see if this one writes better stories!)
Devin Harris is traveling with the team. Although he did not play in the loss to the Grizzlies, I’m told there is a good chance he could play Tuesday as he has been battling knee issues. I will have a bigger story on Harris tomorrow.
In other notes from the game:
* Damion James was in the starting lineup for the second straight game. It’s obvious that Larry Drew and his staff are taking a long look at him for one of the available spots.
* Zaza Pachulia made his debut after suffering with a groin injury. He started and had nine points and nine rebounds in 22 minutes.
* Other starters were Ivan Johnson, Kyle Korver and Jeff Teague.
* The following players did not play: James Anderson, Carldell Johnson, Johan Petro, DeShawn Stevenson (knee) and Harris.
* The Hawks shot 43.8 percent from the field, their best shooting performance in a 1-2 preseason.
* The Grizzlies shot 47.7 percent from the field. The Hawks look to hold the opposition to around 41 percent, however all three opponents – The Heat (45.1), the Spurs (51.9) and the Grizzlies have surpassed that number. The past two opponents have scored more than 100 points. Defense has been a concern before and, now, during training camp. That is something to watch.
Thanks for understanding. I will report back tomorrow.
- Chris Vivlamore
THE LATEST NEWS
Follow me on Twitter at ajchawks