Raptors at Atlanta Hawks: Game thread
- Jason Collins will replace Zaza Pachulia (foot) in the starting lineup. Tracy McGrady (rest) will not play. For Toronto, Amir Johnson (ill) is questionable and Andrea Bargnani (calf), Jerryd Bayless (oblique) and Jose Calderon (eye) are not with the team.
- Zaza won’t travel to Toronto for tomorrow’s game. He said he’s still not sure if he will be able to play Wednesday: “It’s better. I can walk without a limp. I’m getting treatment. It’s still a little bit swollen. It could be worse. I was really worried because most of the time I’ve seen a lot of other guys have torn knee, ligaments. Thank God it’s just strained foot. The bad thing is once you are getting close to the playoffs you want to be rolling. Hopefully it doesn’t take me too long.”
- Joe Johnson on setting out practice yesterday and getting treatment: “I was just trying to do the necessary things to keep my body feeling good and just staying on top of this knee. That’s about it. I feel good. This season has worn a lot of people down, not just physically but mentally as well. To get somewhat of a break, when you have a day or two between games, you try to cherish them and really take that time off. I think the best thing for the body at some point is rest more than anything. These little ‘nick-knacks’ and injuries we always get, you have to play through them unless it’s something serious. But you have to rest and let these wounds heal up a little bit.”
- Larry Drew has said he wants to get some bench players more minutes over the final few games. Which guys does he mean? “I’d like to give Willie [Green] more,” he said. “Certainly would like to give Vladimir [Radmanovic] more. I would like to get [Jannero] Pargo more, too, [after] that little stint he was out. He looks like he is starting to get back in a rhythm. I’d like to get Twin more. I would love to get [Erick Dampier] out there some more. And then probably Ivan [Johnson].”
- Mitch Lawrence of the Daily News reports the Hawks have offered Rick Sund a “deal to stay” but he told the team’s owners he will decide after the season if he wants to continue as GM. Hawks co-owner Michael Gearon Jr. has said any contract talks for Sund would happen after the season.
Michael Cunningham, Hawks