Atlanta Hawks at Bobcats: Game thread
Charlotte–This should be the ultimate test of the Hawks’ ability to handle their biz. The circumstances are ripe for them to try to coast: Back-to-back, destroyed the Bobcats three nights ago, three days off after tonight, and Charlotte is without D.J. Augustin (knee), Eduardo Najera (head), and Reggie Williams (knee).
- Maybe the Hawks are good enough to beat Charlotte even if they do decide to take a night off but “It’s a big test for us given what the situation is,” Larry Drew said.
- Vladimir Radmanovic (back) is not with the team. Tracy McGrady played last night but Drew said he’s available since he only logged seven minutes.
- Drew on Jeff Teague’s big game last night: “He’s shown he can be the difference when he plays that way. The thing is to get him to play that way all the time.”
- Drew on Teague’s development this season: “He’s been trying to please everyone. He’s got Joe Johnson on one side, Josh Smith on another side. Al [Horford], before he got injured. As a point guard he’s trying to keep everybody happy. Yeah, that’s a responsibility of a point guard but you don’t want it taking away from who you are. I saw that early in the season and he lost his aggressiveness trying to keep everyone happy. I told him, ‘You’ve got to be you.’ He wasn’t looking at the basket. You could see the difference. When he’s aggressive, we are a good team. When he was passive and trying to keep everyone happy, we were not as good.”
- The game is starting at 8 p.m. because the minor league hockey team that calls the arena home played a game this afternoon. It’s the first time the arena has had both teams play on the same day.
Michael Cunningham, Hawks beat