Atlanta Hawks at Wizards: Game thread
- Zaza Pachulia (Achilles) is back in the lineup and will start. Vladimir Radmanovic (back) is available to play. Tracy McGrady is not with the team because he’s resting on the back-to-back.
- Rashard Lewis (knee) and Andray Blatche (conditioning) are out for the Wizards.
- The Wizards now have Nene after a three-team trade that cost them JaVale MCGee, Ronny Turiaf and Nick Young.
- Larry Drew on the difference with Nene: “Obviously he’s a guy I’m sure they will be throwing it inside a little bit more with him. We are fully aware of what he’s capable of as a big man in the post. He’s a guy who has strength, he has quickness down there. We are going to have to do a good job defending the low post. Whenever we’ve played this Washington team our primary concern has been the transition game and making sure we don’t give up a lot of easy fast-break points. But with Nene he gives them a solid big man they can post-up. We can’t allow easy catches. It’s important we try to get him off his sweet spots.”
- Drew on the injuries and the schedule: “I know they are tired, not only physically but mentally. It’s kind of the stretch run of the season. I think it’s pretty normal for mental fatigue to set in. We have to push through it. We can’t allow it to overcome us. We have to take it a game at a time and not look forward to what our schedule will be. Hopefully we can get healthy bodies back because when you are at this part of the season it’s important to have as many bodies as you can so you don’t pile on the minutes for certain guys.”
- Go Cards.
Michael Cunningham, Hawks beat