Nets at Atlanta Hawks: Game thread
- Zaza Pachulia (Achilles) and Vladimir Radmanovic (back) are out. Marvin Williams and Ivan Johnson return.
- Larry Drew is starting Jason Collins in place of Zaza. The Nets have Shelden Williams starting at center with Brook Lopez (ankle) out.
- Drew on starting Twin: “He’s been a starter before and he gives us a defensive presence. I like getting him back into the starting lineup. I hate doing it under these conditions but at least he gets back into a rhythm against the starters. Since he’s just getting back I think it will be getting him back with that starting group. I’m excited to see how he responds to it.”
- Zaza says he was worried about his Achilles because it was hurting yesterday but it felt better when he woke up today. He said he plans to make the trip for tomorrow’s game at the Wizards.
- Drew said Vlad Rad shot around at yesterday’s light practice: “He still won’t be available to play. It sounds like the back is getting better. He still will be day-to-day.”
- Ivan’s new baby, born Wednesday, is named Ivan Kaydan Johnson Jr.:“It’s a new start to my life. Hopefully I can get him to where I’m at right now without all the extra journeys. Everybody congratulated me so it made me feel good to be a new pop.”
- ESPN dropped the April 11th Hawks-Celtics game in favor of Knicks at Bucks.
Michael Cunningham, Hawks beat