Celtics at Atlanta Hawks: Game thread
Marvin Williams (hip) and Vladimir Radmanovic (back) are out. Jermaine O’Neal (wrist) and Chris Wilcox (heart) are out for the Celtics.
- Willie Green (hamstring) says he will return after missing eight games. Green says he may have sat longer if not for Jannero Pargo being added to Atlanta’s long injury list: “I told that coaches and trainers it’s a matter of getting on the floor. I’m at that 80 percent range but, the fact of the matter is no one on the team is feeling 100 percent. I feel good enough to get out there.”
- Drew said the crowded injury list means he may use Tracy McGrady on the second game of a back-to-back: “Because we are so limited there is a chance we will definitely use him again tonight. We just take it a day at a time.”
- Drew said Pargo is scheduled to return to Atlanta from Cleveland tomorrow after having an appendectomy Sunday. Drew said Pargo will be out two to four weeks.
- Jeff Teague and Kirk Hinrich are Atlanta’s only healthy point guards. Drew said Joe Johnson and McGrady also can fill in.
- Drew on the Celtics: “This is a game that has a lot of meaning. This is our first encounter with Boston this year. I think both teams are looking to make a statement. With them on the long road trip they are on, we are a little depleted but we feel we are a capable team that still has the ability to win. We are going to come out and approach this game with playoff intensity. It’s going to be a physical game, it’s going to be a war. I think this is a statement game. ”
- Green on the Celtics: “Those guys are very good basketball players. You hear things like they are older and not moving as quickly but that’s a team that is getting ready for another playoff run. We have to come in tonight focused with the mindset that we have to play them like they were a few years back going to the Finals.”
Michael Cunningham, Hawks beat