Nets at Atlanta Hawks: Game thread
- Normal starting lineup for the Hawks: Jeff Teague, Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams, Josh Smith, Al Horford. Brook Lopez (foot) is out for the Nets.
- The Nets lost 94-78 at Orlando but showed some spirit while rallying to within three points in the third quarter after being down 20. Tucker High’s MarShon Brooks scored 10 of his 17 points in the second quarter.
- Larry Drew says he expects a better effort from the Nets after the Hawks ran them out of their gym on Tuesday. He’s confident his players won’t overlook New Jersey: “This game will be a dangerous game because they are a team that was a little embarrassed the other night and they are going to come out and show they are a better ball club. It’s the old ‘wounded animal’ theory. When they are wounded, that’s when they are the most dangerous.”
- Jannero Pargo says he’s still getting his bearings with the Hawks: “Defensively, very comfortable. Defese is pretty much playing with hard and with heart. I’m pretty good with that. Offensively, it’s a bit of a challenge remembering the calls. I know the plays once we get into them and start running them. But the funny thing is, I have to start it. I have the ball in my hands. I’m waiting for somebody else to make a move so I can say, ‘Oh that’s the play.’ But I am actually getting more comfortable after two games.”
- Hinrich is to see his doctor on Jan. 3. “I’m pretty sure I will be cleared to do everything non-contact,” he said. “Everything with the [physical therapist] is going good. It’s really more of a formality.” Hinrich has been shooting and doing ball-handling drills.
- Elias says the Hawks are only the third NBA team in the last 20 years to outscore their first two opponents by at least 50 points combined (Kings in 2002-03 and Lakers in 2008-09).
Michael Cunningham, Hawks beat