Wizards at Atlanta Hawks: Game thread
- Zaza Pachulia said he woke up today with soreness in his left shoulder. He tested it before the game and said he’s good to go. Pachulia doesn’t remember suffering an injury. He went to the doctor this afternoon and was told it’s tendinitis.
- Jeff Teague (ankle) is in the lineup. “He didn’t complain about any problems,” Larry Drew said. Kirk Hinrich (shoulder) and Donald Sloan are inactive. Mo Evans (knee) is out and Jan Vesley (hip) is not on the trip for Washington.
- Jordan Crawford is back at Philips Arena for the first time since the Hawks traded him to the Wizards. He said there’s no extra motivation against his old team: “I’m always extra.” He did allow that there could be some spirited conversations with good friend Teague. “If it calls for it, I will definitely trash talk.”
- Drew said his main concern vs. the Wizards is controlling John Wall in transition. “He’s one of the fastest guys in the league,” Drew said. “We have to get him corralled. We’ve had problems with him in the past. He’s kind of the head of the snake for them.”
- Drew on the thing he liked the most about last night’s W at New Jersey: “Their energy and defensive activity. We’ve been preaching for the longest about being a better defensive team.”
- The Hawks said last night’s telecast on SportSouth earned a 2.82 rating. The highest-rated game last season earned a 2.68 rating.
Michael Cunningham, Hawks beat