Pausing during a ‘Nique-heavy day for some late afternoon notes . . .
- The Hawks had a light practice session today.
- J.J. on the thumb: “A little sore but for the most part it feels OK. I shot well [today], actually. It’s going to be one of those things that pretty much lingers. I am never going to have enough time to rest it for it to heal up.”
- Smoove on the knee: “It feels good. I just need to rest it whenever I can and try to keep taking care of it.”
- Al says the hamstring isn’t an issue. He said he gets “maintenance” treatment for the ankle: “The ankle is the one that is still real sore, especially last night [after] I played a lot of minutes. Besides the ankle, I feel fine.”
- L.D. said Twin got treatment for some swelling in his knee.
- After three consecutive solid outings, do the Hawks think they’ve turned the corner and can keep this roll going?
- Drew: “I still want some more. I’m not ready to say that yet. I see signs but I am waiting on us to put together a series of wins