Atlanta Hawks at Nuggets: Pregame notes
Denver–Some quick pregame notes . . .
- GM Rick Sund said the team is unlikely to add any of the waived vets. Doing so would push the team’s payroll over or near the luxury-tax line even when accounting for the prorating of minimum salaries. Under the CBA, the prorating also is affected by a myriad of factors including the record of the team that signs the player.
- If the Hawks do decide to add a vet they would likely be looking for a shooter.
- Sund also said that after not trading Jamal Crawford’s expiring contract the Hawks would attempt to re-sign him: “I’ve said from Day One I’m a big fan of Jamal. Once we figure out what the new [CBA] rules are we will do everything in our power to re-sign him.”
- Kirk Hinrich (calf) is a game-time decision. (UPDATE: Hinrich is out.) He shot baskets before the game but hit the trainer’s table before I could catch up with him. L.D. is starting Jeff Teague alongside J.J., Marvin, Josh and Al.
- Mike Bibby’s buyout was the buzz in Atlanta’s locker room before the game. Guys are surprised he gave up $6.2 million but glad for him if joining a winning situation is what he wants.
- L.D.said that after playing last night and arriving in Denver early this morning he wants the Hawks to slow the tempo tonight.
Michael Cunningham, Hawks beat