Hope you’re well. This is going to be brief, as I gotta crank out some notes before game time. Some notes…
1) Hawks going with regular lineup, with Mo Evans in for Marvin Williams, serving a two-game suspension.
2) Larry Drew said the key defensively is slowing down Dallas’ transition game, saying the team has to “build a wall” to prevent the Mavericks, specifically Jason Kidd, from attacking the rim on the break. Al Horford mentioned defending the pick-and-roll.
3) Drew said that Williams was in a great state of mind this morning. He’s watching the game at the team hotel.
4) Horford had some words in response to Amare Stoudemire’s post-game caution to Horford to calm down after he got the crowd going as Stoudemire shot free throws, that “he’s not that type of player.” Basically, he said that he’ll do whatever it takes to win, so, yes, he is that type of player.
5) I asked Drew about Marvin pushing him during the fracas. Drew: “I’ve been in the weight room. I didn’t feel anything.”
6) On the Mavs’ bench assisting Rick Carlisle: Terry Stotts.
7) I asked Mark Cuban a few questions about Hawks ownership. Interesting, but not headline-grabbing. I’ll post afterwards.
I probably won’t be able to comment much, given the late start, but will try to jump on occasionally. Enjoy the game.