Hope you’ll be somewhere to see the game. I’ve got to get down there before I get stuck in SEC traffic.
Things I’ll be watching
1) What do the Hawks do with Al Harrington? The former Hawk busted out for 21 in the first game and had control of the game in the first half. Watch for double teams if he gets it in the post.
2) Same question with Toney Douglas. Expect him to see plenty of minutes off the bench, as Nate Robinson is squarely in Mike D’Antoni’s doghouse. Douglas also went for 23. Perhaps Mike Woodson goes to Jeff Teague, who knows a little about defending Douglas from their ACC days, and might be a good match in quickness.
3) Can the good feelings of unselfishness from Wednesday keep going? The Hawks assisted on 37 of 52 baskets as they moved the ball around and found open shooters. Given the way the Knicks defend (109.1 ppg defensively, third worst in the league), I’d expect they’ll have a chance to do so.
4) How many points does Joe Johnson get? His last three games – 9, 10, 12. (Mathemeticians among you will predict 15 points.)
5) Can they put the Knicks away early? With a Saturday night in Dallas awaiting them, the Hawks can use as much rest as they can get.