1. Georgia Tech outside linebacker Jeremiah Attaochu was named the ACC’s linebacker of the week for his performance against Maryland. Attaochu matched his career high with three sacks against the Terrapins, as well as a fumble recovery, a forced fumble and six tackles.
Attaochu previously earned the same recognition last September with a three-sack game against North Carolina, Tech’s opponent this coming Saturday.
He’s the second Tech player to earn ACC player of the week recognition this season, following offensive tackle Will Jackson being named offensive lineman of the week after the Virginia game.
2. The kickoff time for Tech’s Nov. 17 home game against Duke will not be announced until next Sunday. ESPN took a six-day option to determine game times for the five Nov. 17 games under its control. The kickoff times will be either noon, 12:30 p.m., 3 p.m. or 3:30 p.m. It’s the final home game of the year for Tech.
3. Men’s basketball coach Brian Gregory’s first radio show of the season will be Monday night, broadcast live from STATS in downtown Atlanta at 7 p.m. The show will be broadcast on 790 the Zone and 106.7 FM.
4. North Carolina is a 5.5-point favorite for Saturday’s game.
5. Kind of a crazy piece of fallout from Maryland scoring on the final play of the game. Some oddsmakers set the over/under at 46. With the touchdown with no time remaining, the final score became 33-13. If you’re wondering, it’s by NCAA rules that no extra-point try was attempted after the touchdown. The same thing happened in the Virginia game, if you remember. If the extra point has no bearing on the final outcome, it isn’t taken.
Ken Sugiura, Georgia Tech blog