12:21 pm November 3, 2012, by Ken Sugiura
A few thoughts on Georgia Tech-Maryland.
1. Obviously, how Maryland quarterback Shawn Petty can do is going to have a large impact on the outcome. Look for Georgia Tech to stick just about everybody in the box.
2. Tevin Washington will start. I’d guess both play a lot in the first half.
3. Kind of breezy. That could mean less passing than normal for both sides. This game could be over in 2:45.
4. Don’t know if you saw it, but Miami may self-impose a bowl ban to pacify the NCAA. Story from the Sun-Sentinel here. If that happens – Miami won’t make an announcement until it becomes bowl eligible – it would mean that if Tech wins today and Virginia Tech loses this Thursday to Florida State, the Jackets would control their own destiny in the Coastal Division. Crazy.
5. Tiny crowd. Maryland won’t get much of a lift at home, it doesn’t appear.
The inside scoop on Georgia Tech sports from beat writer Ken Sugiura
Vacation stops, manage subscriptions and more